cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kriggo15
Level: Powered On

SharePoint list ratings not showing correctly in PA form

I've searched the forums but haven't come across my issue yet. I have an app that is going to let the end-user rate a vendor booth and provide feedback. I have 2 SharePoint Lists as sources:

List 1:

List of all vendor booths

List 2:

Lookup to List 1 booths

Comments

Rating

I can get the form to display the Booth Name and Comments field properly in an edit form but am unable to get the rating to appear correctly. It comes across as a string field instead of a 5-star scale. The user should be able to make a rating (5 stars) and when the form is submitted, that rating should be pushed to the SP List 2.

rating1.pngrating2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kriggo15

Re: SharePoint list ratings not showing correctly in PA form

Solved!

I was able to get this working... I created another column in my SP list that was a number. I added that column as a new Data Card and changed its type to "Edit Rating". Now when I choose a star rating and submit the form, it stores that value in SharePoint as the number of stars.

rating6.png         rating7.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PowerAddict
Level 8

Hi @kriggo15,

1. What do you currently see in the rating field in your form for a record that has say a 3 or 4 star rating? Do you see 3 or 4 in the string or do you see any other text corresponding to each star rating?

2. If you do see unique values in the string field for each star rating, you can replace the string field with your own control that will display and also let the user select a rating. There are many ways you can do it - one way is to you use a slider control where the range can be 1-5 and step size could be 1. The default value could be based on the values corresponding to the star rating. For example, if 1 star equates to one, 2 stars equate to two, you could have the default property of the slider set to something like this: If(user rating = one, then value =1) and so on (not focusing on syntax for now, I can give you that if this design is something you are comfortable with and meets your needs)

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)
kriggo15

@PowerAddict, thanks for the detailed reply. I've tried to answer your questions below.

1. The form isn't meant to display the ratings, it is meant for the user to submit a rating. I tried to submit a number (1-5) to see what would happen if I submitted that and it didn't translate over to a star rating in SharePoint.

review1.png          review2.png

2. I'm perfectly fine with using the Star Rating Input in PowerApps if I can get it to record the value in SharePoint. A numeric value in SharePoint may even be better because I plan on putting PowerBI on top of this. That said, I'm not sure what the syntax is to translate the star rating in PowerApps into a numeric value in SharePoint. And I assume I would have to change the column type in SP to be of numeric type instead of a rating.

PowerAddict
Level 8

There is no star rating per se in PowerApps but we could create one using numbers so if your SP field could also be a number that would make it easier.

That being said, if you can do a quick test for me, that will be very helpful. If you can create a record with a star rating in SP directly, check to see how it looks in a PowerApps gallery or form. That might shed some light. In the meantime, I am researching more to figure out how we could use the SP star rating in PowerApps without making any change to the field.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)
kriggo15

When I was talking about the Star Rating Input in PowerApps, I was referencing:

rating3.png

Below are the 2 records as they appear in SharePoint and how they are represented in a Gallery and a Form:

rating5.png          rating4.png

PowerAddict
Level 8

My bad, understood. I will take a look and respond in a few minutes. We should be able to make this work.
kriggo15

Solved!

I was able to get this working... I created another column in my SP list that was a number. I added that column as a new Data Card and changed its type to "Edit Rating". Now when I choose a star rating and submit the form, it stores that value in SharePoint as the number of stars.

rating6.png         rating7.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 156 members 5,526 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: