cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKnox
Level: Powered On

SharePointIntergration & Search

Used the selection Customize forms through SharePoint to create a PowerApp. All works well except Search. Any ideas on how to resolve?

10 REPLIES 10
Rebetcha
Level 10

Re: SharePointIntergration & Search

Can you add some more details?
J_Knox_Corbin

I created a custom list in SPOnline, edited the form using PowerApps > Customize forms, published. Search does not work. I made no other changes, Unfortunately, there are no error messages.

Rebetcha
Level 10

You mean the search on the SharePoint site? Or did you add some search elements to the PowerApps form?
Super User
Super User

I would check the search function. You may be searching on a different column than you are expecting. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
J_Knox_Corbin

Search in PowerApps

Super User
Super User

Right by default the list is filtered by the search box input with a formula like so:

SortByColumns(Filter(SharePointList, StartsWith(ComplianceAssetId, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "ComplianceAssetId", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

In this case my "search" is only working for values stored in ComplianceAssetId, which is probably blank. So when I type the letter A my gallery is blank because none of the records start with A in the ComplianceAssetId column. 

Does that make sense? If I changed the first instance of ComplianceAssetId to to a different column name that had a value that started with A then "search" would work.

Does that help?

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
J_Knox_Corbin

The interesting thing is there is no search box in the actual PowerApp form (cloud).

Capture.PNG

However when access the mobile app there is a search magnifying glass.  I am unable to locate the search the search icon to add a function.

Capture2.PNG

Super User
Super User

So the trick is there is no search icon. We create a search experience by combining input boxes, galleries, and either the search or filter function. 

The easiest way to understand it is to create a new app from a SharePoint list data source and then break down how they put it together. The good news (hopefully) is I will make a video on how to add a search button to an existing app soon to break down all the pieces. Might be a couple of days though.

J_Knox_Corbin

Ok, I was going insane thinking I was missing something. This may be off topic but why is the search there if it can not be modified?

The other item that concerns me is 'and either the search or filter function'. Can you only have one? Not search and filter?

I will break down another app with a SPList of as the source as you suggested. However, I will be on the lookout for your video! Thank you for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,217)