cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SanchezCSG
Level 8

Shared users - Problem loading OneDrive Data

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my App. My shared users cant load content from OneDrive for Business. With my account I have no problem, but my partners cant load the data. 

I share the app and the documents from OneDrive, until yesterday it worked without problems. With Sharepoint data we have no problem, is only with OneDrive.

I try share again the app, recharge the connectors, quit and do again the connectors... and nothing works. 

Any advice?

13 REPLIES 13
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Shared users - Problem loading OneDrive Data

Hi @SanchezCSG,

I just tested with an app created using the OneDrive for Business connection. At first, the data source file was not shared with userA, so after I shared the app to him, he cannot load the data in app. This is normal behavior.

Then I shared the file to him on OneDrive for Business with the "Can edit" permission, he can load the data from app and he can update data within the app. 

Please check if the file is truely shared with the user on OneDrive for Business. Let the user first login to OneDrive for Business on web and check the file to make sure that his permission is deployed correctly. Then let him use the app again.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SanchezCSG
Level 8

Its all correct, We've been using the app for months, the permissions are OK

ianrimmer67
Level: Powered On

I am also having the same issue.  Keep getting error message, "Failed to load [Datasource].  An unknown error occured."

Apps worked fine until yesterday.

Highlighted
RobKo

Same probleem here.

App works well for myself as the owner and data in my own OneDrive for Business.

App does not work anymore for two users the App is shared with.

In OneDrive the folder and Excel-file has Edit permissions for these two users. They can Edit and add to file online.

App does not work anymore on mobile AND not in browser. So I think it has to do with OneDrive file access from App.

Two error messages: "Failed to load [Excel table name]. An unknown error occurred." and "An unknown error occurred. Server Response: null"

Submitted a call to Microsoft.

Regards, Rob

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SanchezCSG,

I have reproduced your issue. I will report this issue to the product team. If there is any update later, I will notice you here. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Joe_AUT

I did have the same issue since I'm using an Excel-File as data source which cannot be stored on Sharepoint. From time to time, permissions get lost for my colleagues and I haven't found out yet, which event triggers the problem.

My colleagues get the following access to the FILE (not the folder) on my OneDrive: (everyone, except external users):

- full control

- sign-in required

Giving individual users access instead of the whole organization seems to ease the problem, but it's a nightmare with 100+ users.

To regularly check functionality, I am using a 2nd phone with a 'test user' who has the same permissions as my colleagues. I am checking access for this user once a day to make sure everything runs smoothly.

In case of an error, I am normally revoking access rights for everyone and immediately granting it again, that normally does the trick. From time to time however if nothing seems to work, I am deleting the data connection within PowerApps and setting it up again.

Hope this helps for some of you as workaround.

RobKo

Today Microsoft fixed the problem of shared OneDrive file (Excel) in PowerApps for me!

(I think they have made a change globally, so check if you had this problem too)

Thank you Microsoft!

Regards, Rob K / Netherlands

ianrimmer67

Issue seems to be resolved fo rme also.  Thanks PG for your help.

crissyd
Level: Power Up

I'm still having this problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 467 members 5,807 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: