cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhumml
Level: Powered On

Shared users have the wrong URL of SharePoint connection on data permissions

Hi everyone,

maybe i changed the name of my SharePoint list, so now MY user (owner) Connection has the right URL (with the old name in URL) and my shared users have a wrong URL (same path but with new list-name in URL. That URL obviosly doesnt exist). 

For my user the App works fine but for my shared users it doesnt. 

How can i change the connectors URL to the right SharePoint list for the Shared Users?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Shared users have the wrong URL of SharePoint connection on data permissions

Have you tried removing the connector and re-adding it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Shared users have the wrong URL of SharePoint connection on data permissions

Hi @jhumml ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the shared app with wrong SP URL would not work for your shared users?

Please consider take a try to remove the old SP List connection within your app, then re-create a new connection to your SP List from your app, then re-publish it again, re-share this app to your users, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-generate an app based on your SP List data source, then re-share this new app to your users, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jhumml

Hi Jeff,

yes i did the "have you tried turning it off and on again?" solution but unfortunately it did not work. The URL is still the wrong one and I dont get why the URL should result from the name.

jhumml

hi @v-xida-msft,

even if i create a new canvas app the URL is still the wrong one. it seems like the URL results from the SP list name. I'll try to rename the SP list.

As we can see the URL is "/loacar_fahrten/" and the name of the List is "carsharing_fahrten"

wrongurl.PNGThis is the connection of the shared users. When I press on the connection i get to the following non-existing Page because the URL is wrong.

wrongurl2.PNGThis is from the Wrong URL. We can see it's not the right URL with the old name. But it is a wrong URL with the new name.

wrongurl3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,620)