cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarryB
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint List Layout changes not visible in Powerapps

I have modified the names of columns in Sharepoint and have also added some new colums.  Regardless of pressing the refresh option next to the datasource in PowerApps (WIn10 Client) it does not make the new fields available.

I have noticed that PowerApps will continue to use an old fieldname and will operate correctly regardless of the name change.  I assume it uses a UID and not the actual field name?

Is there a way to force a refresh or perhaps delete a cache in the background somewhere?  

Thanks, GB

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint List Layout changes not visible in Powerapps

Hi @GarryB,

There is no cache for the data source under PowerApps. PowerApps queries data source directly when there is a request, such as a refresh, update or lookup.

For the old names, which field that you changed, under SharePoint list New View, or classic view?

Under SharePoint New View when changing the title field, the changed name won't be updated under SharePoint list, for the other columns, it works as expected from my testing.

Regarding the fields newly added, you might need to un-hide them under Viewform/EditForm:

Follow this document:

understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GarryB
Level: Powered On

Re: Sharepoint List Layout changes not visible in Powerapps

Hi, Yes I've discovered that the old names persist.  I'll try this under the old style list editor and see what happens.

Thanks, GB

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 368 members 6,507 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: