cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint List Permissions - App Users can edit

Hello.

My PowerApps save to a sharepoint list. The users of the application may not view the sharepoint list.

I cannot get this to work with permission levels in sharepoint, any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Sharepoint List Permissions - App Users can edit

Thank you for the helpful feedback @Eloy and @v-xida-msft!

@Daniel_- can you review the above solutions and advise you still need assistance? 

Thank you.

@TopShelf-MSFT

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eloy
Level: Powered On

"My PowerApps save to a sharepoint list"  You have a Canvas PowerApp that saves records to a Sharepoint List?

"The users of the application may not view the sharepoint list." The PowerApp Users do not have access to the Sharepoint list in the Sharepoint Site.

"I cannot get this to work with permission levels in sharepoint" Your users cannot see the PowerApp even you have given them permission in the Sharepoint Site?

My understanding is that whichever login you use to create the Connection to the Sharepoint list, your users will have the same permissions when using the PowerApp.

Are you publishing the PowerApp and providing permissions to your users? If yes, make sure that they have the right Office365 license that includes PowerApps (Dynamics).

Please clarify

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Daniel_,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you create a canvas app based on your SP list, and save the form data back to your SP list?

Do you mean that the end users of your app don't have enough permission to access your SP list data source?

Could not the end users run your app even though you assign proper permission to them?

When you share your app (connects to your SP list) with other users (who are in your Organization), if they want to run this shared app, they must provide their own credentials to access the SP list data source. If they don't have proper permission to access your SP list data source, they could not run this shared app.

More details about sharing an app within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Share an app

In addition, you could not share an app with other users outside your Organization within PowerApps currently.

Please check if you have assign proper permission (e.g. Add other users as members of your SP site) to the other users in your Org to access your SP list.

If the issue still exists, please re-create your app, and then assign proper SP list permission to the other users, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thank you for the helpful feedback @Eloy and @v-xida-msft!

@Daniel_- can you review the above solutions and advise you still need assistance? 

Thank you.

@TopShelf-MSFT

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,462)