cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naredie87
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint date error

I am getting date from a sharepoint list, and date come always wrong ( 1 day less than in my sharepoint list). I was trying to use DateTimeZone.UTM, but i don't know how and I don't find any information or example. Somebody know it? 

Thank you

Sharepoint List:

1.png

PowerApp:

2.png

4 REPLIES 4
Steelman70
Level 10

Re: Sharepoint date error

Hello naredie87, this is indeed an issue of time zones.  SharePoint will show you the date/time in the time zone of your local settings (e.g. Germany, 00:00 22/07/2016), whereas PowerApps will download the date/time in UTC (e.g 23:00 21/07/2016), so the date part is 21/7.

I am not aware of a way to detect your local time zone in PowerApps, but I will later try to see and may update this post.

You can add one/two hours to the date you receive from SharePoint in order to show the correct date/time.  Please let me know if you need details on how to do this.

Highlighted
RickJ
Level: Power Up

Yeah I'm seeing this also, SharePoint regional settings are Australia and my Phone is AU also, but date are showing previous day when viewed in the PowerApps

I suspect this is related to how SharePoint stores date, when another system interpreste the date it reads is as the date before because the time is actually 00:00:00 or something like that

Chunkit
Level: Powered On

Hi Steelman,

Can you please provide steps to add one/two hours to the date that we receiving from sharepoint.

SAvio
Level: Power Up

Bug...Dates in Power BI differ from the Dates in the SHarePoint source

Hi,

Is this issue resolved?

I'm facing same issue with shaepoint date and power bi mismatch by one day

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,125)