Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint in connections option

Hello;

I want to add sharepoint in connection to store the data in LeaveRequest Template App. How to do it? No option of Sharepoint to store the data.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Sharepoint in connections option

@Anonymous 

The LeaveRequest Template is based on an Excel file as a datasource.  When you are presented with this screen, you need to choose the location where you want to store/create the Excel file.

Unfortunately, if you want to store this on SharePoint, you will need to modify the App completely to use SharePont instead.

What I would do is:

1) Go ahead and have it create the Excel file in your OneDrive.

2) Go to the SharePoint site you want to use and create a new List from the Excel file created - this will set up all the proper columns as are used in the Excel file

3) Go into the LeaveRequest app and remove the Excel data source

4) Add the SharePoint list as a data source

5) Adjust all the errors the App might then have for invalid references, etc.

It will take some work, but it is very do-able.  

I hope this helps get you started.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

That's difficult to spell out.  If you can keep the names of things exactly the same as the Excel file (thus the import into a SharePoint List) then most likely (and hopefully) the only things you will need to change will the substituting places where references are made to the Excel tables with references to your new list name.

Now, I haven't directly looked at that template for a while, so there also might be multiple tables in the Excel file...you will need a SharePoint list for each of the tables in the Excel file.

If you're new to PowerApps, I would take this a bite at a time.  First get the App working properly with the Excel file and then start to investigate the options to move over to SharePoint.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

The LeaveRequest Template is based on an Excel file as a datasource.  When you are presented with this screen, you need to choose the location where you want to store/create the Excel file.

Unfortunately, if you want to store this on SharePoint, you will need to modify the App completely to use SharePont instead.

What I would do is:

1) Go ahead and have it create the Excel file in your OneDrive.

2) Go to the SharePoint site you want to use and create a new List from the Excel file created - this will set up all the proper columns as are used in the Excel file

3) Go into the LeaveRequest app and remove the Excel data source

4) Add the SharePoint list as a data source

5) Adjust all the errors the App might then have for invalid references, etc.

It will take some work, but it is very do-able.  

I hope this helps get you started.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if i want to modify, What arer the changes I have to do?

Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

That's difficult to spell out.  If you can keep the names of things exactly the same as the Excel file (thus the import into a SharePoint List) then most likely (and hopefully) the only things you will need to change will the substituting places where references are made to the Excel tables with references to your new list name.

Now, I haven't directly looked at that template for a while, so there also might be multiple tables in the Excel file...you will need a SharePoint list for each of the tables in the Excel file.

If you're new to PowerApps, I would take this a bite at a time.  First get the App working properly with the Excel file and then start to investigate the options to move over to SharePoint.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyHayes  Thank you for the response!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,648)