cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElMeSaFeR
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint integration

Hi,

if I have one OR more separated PowerApps forms, can I integrate them with SharePoint through SharePointIntegration control ?

I need to use SharePointIntegration formulas 

10 REPLIES 10
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Re: Sharepoint integration

I don't think there's an automated integration process. You would have to customize your form and then edit it.

ElMeSaFeR

how if I want to create 2 layouts one phone layout and another one for a tablet in same SharePoint list ? 

Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Perhaps I misunderstood your question. 

Are you trying to allow users to configure your SharePoint lists via customized PowerApps forms from devices with different aspect ratios? If all you need is to let users edit the data from the lists then this can be done via SharePoint connectors. To me, SharePointIntegration means edit list customization forms.

ElMeSaFeR

hi @dinusc

when you click on PowerApps menu in the SharePoint list then Customize Forms then the PowerApps studio will open then you can find a "SharePointIntegration" on the left menu which is you can't find it if you create PoweApp project from Blank even if you add the SharePoint list through the Data Source, for that I'm asking is there a way to create this integration in the second method ?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/sharepoint-form-integration 

sharepointintegration-object.png

Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately there's no way to do that. When you customize a form, that form comes with lots of logic from the SharePoint designer. Respectively, when you create an app, the app related logic is "injected". Currently, there's no automated mechanism to convert a form from an app so it can be used as form in SharePoint customization.

ElMeSaFeR

hmmm... I'm asking because I want to customize a form in two layouts, Phone, and tablet 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ElMeSaFeR,

You could create 2 different apps using the same SharePoint list. One with Phone layout and one with Tablet layout. Click on File > New > SharePoint connection.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Correct AFAIK though you cannot use those forms in SharePoint integration as form configurations.

ElMeSaFeR

what is the next step after Click on File > New > SharePoint connection ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,745)