cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint list data not populating on edit form first load

I have a sharepoint list that is populating an edit form with EditForm(Form). When I first open the app in preview, browser, or mobile and select the record from the gallery it navigates to the Edit form screen and the form I've created populates 3 of the 30 fields on the form but the rest are all blank. If I navigate back to the gallery with the back button and select the item via the gallery the missing field values are still missing. BUT if I navigate back to the gallery screen and select a different record it loads the Edit form with all the data. And then when I navigate back from the other item to the gallery and to the original item that was missing data, it now is populated with all the data in the fields.

Very strange behavior that only happens in this app even though I do build all my powerapps similarly.

Any help would be very appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint list data not populating on edit form first load

Hi @Anonymous,

Will the data load if you try to refresh the list from data source list in PowerApps?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I go back to the gallery and hit my refresh button ( Refresh(datasource) ) it does populate when I go back into that item. Interesting. So How do I get it to display the missing values on the first load?

sfishe
Level: Powered On

I'm having this exact same problem! On first load, I always have to open the detail form for two items to get all the fields to populate, like you've described. I find this occurs across all of my Gallery --> Detail form arrangements, even though they're different tables and there are different scenarios (e.g. if the edit form is on the same screen or a new one). I'm also using SharePoint lists.

I haven't found a solution unfortunately...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I developed another powerapp that does almost the same thing as the other one and I am experiencing the same issue.

A temporary bandaid I have done is just adding a refresh button to top of the browse screen and the editform screen with the onselect as Refresh('DataSource') and that maeks the form populate.

this is definetly not a solution cause now I have to train my users to do that. I will most likely be submitting a support ticket int he next week if nothing pops up here.

Highlighted
sfishe

bumping this back up

Any thoughts MS staff? Seems to be a legit bug

sfishe

Any possible input here from PowerApps staff?

This would seem like an easily reproducible issue. 

PowerAppJammer

We are experiencing a similar issue regarding galleries not loading until at least one interaction upon loading. We have a home screen that when selected(Pic #1), sends a collection filter to the proceeding screen's gallery. When the app navigates to the next screen (Pic #2), the galleries have not been filtered and seem to all be null. After manually interacting with the gallery once, the gallery is filled with the desired data set (Pic #3), and this resolves the issue for as long as you have the app loaded.

This only occurs when in view mode vs. design mode, even when emulating in design mode we do not experience this issue. Seems to be similar bug to your sharepoint issue. home_screen.png

Assignmnet_Screen.png

Correct_Assignment_Screen.png

TiagoFreire
Level 8

I have nothing new to add but a "mee too". 

Anyone found a definitive solution? 

Currently I am working around with clunky solutions, like subverting the default "editForm" with view-only controls, and creating a new screen with an actual editable form. The transition from one screen to the other forces a data reload.

That is needlessly clunky. Requires manually coding a whole editForm, collecting the data, editing a collection and patching the original. From the user perspective, it is also a bit bonkers, because it shows all data plus another edit button inside the edit screen to get to the real edit screen. - editception - .

Administrator
Administrator

Adding @Audrie-MSFT to assist with this SharePoint question.

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 5,553 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: