cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russrimm
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint list "Location" type column

Hi all,

I'm creating an event submission form that saves the requesters event details to a Sharepoint list.  I want the submitter to put in a location (address) of the event's venue.  I used the "Location" type and checked street, city, and state.  When I connect to the list, it shows city, state, street as fields but I notice they aren't editable, which I understand since the "Location" type column is a rich field and it auto-populates the other fields.  How would I go about prompting the user for an address in my form and ultimately using it populate the Location field which then shows the location?  Or would I be better off keeping it simple and just using text fields for city and state rather than using the fancier "Location" column type (i'm a noob so whichever is easier is probably best.)

TIA

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint list "Location" type column

Hi @russrimm ,

Do you want to edit location field from PowerApps?

The location type is editable in sharepoint list.However,it turns to read-only in PowerApps.

I suggest you express your views on PowerApps Ideas Forum.Your precious advice will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

What’s more,you can try to use text field to fill in information about location.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,644)