Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jha95
Level: Powered On

Sharing PoweApp between two organizations

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to sharing a PowerApp to an external user from my organization and I have the following error:

Captura.PNG

The PowerApp reads the data from an Excel hosted in One Drive for Business through a flow, in one account related to the tenant @xxxx.com. Then, I shared the app and the excel file to an user @yyyy.com having a BadGateway error.

What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharing PoweApp between two organizations

Hi @jha95 ,

Do you want to share your canvas app to external users outside your Org?

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to share canvas app with external users outside your org directly, you could only share your app with users within your Org.

As an alternative solution, you could consider add this external users as a Guest user within your Azure Active Directory (AAD), then you could share your canvas app to this Guest account in your AAD.

More details about sharing an canvas with external user as Guest account, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app#share-with-guests

Note: Please make sure your Guest user has owned a proper license to access your shared app, if not, you could consider assign a proper license to the guest user.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jdeloo
Level: Powered On

Re: Sharing PoweApp between two organizations

Hi @v-xida-msft 

We are looking into sharing Canvas PowerApps  through the solution posted you (i.e. through the use of guest accounts). I consulted the page shared: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app#share-with-guests

It is not exactly clear what the limitations are while sharing apps this way. In section "What connectors support guest access?" the currently supported connectors for guest access are listed. It seems that a lot of connectors are not supported at this moment, including Common Data Services (CDS).

Am I correct to assume that there is no way for a guest user to ineract (=create, read, update) with CDS data in a Canvas app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 81 members 5,447 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: