cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmauriceparker
Level: Powered On

Sharing PowerApps

I have a user (an Outlook email address) that I granted access to one of my SharePoint Sites.

I would like this same user to have access to PowerApps, but I received a message saying that the user was not found in my directory. In my 365 Admin Portal, they are listed under Active Users and I granted them PowerApps status.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharing PowerApps

Hi @lmauriceparker,

This issue may also exists when the company contains multiple domains or subdomains.

Quoted:

"

If you want all users to be in the same tenant regardless of their email address extensions:

• Create a target tenant ahead of time or use an existing tenant. Add all the existing domains and subdomains that you want consolidated within that tenant. Then all the users with email addresses ending in those domains and subdomains automatically join the target tenant when they sign up.

IMPORTANT: There is no supported automated mechanism to move users across tenants once they have been created. To learn about adding domains to a single Office 365 tenant, see Add your users and domain to Office 365.

"

Some more readings:

PowerApps in your organization Q&A

For a workaround, please take a try to create a testing account within your tenant (choose the Email extensions match your domain), then assign PowerApps license for this account, and share this Account to the corresponding user.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

In PowerApps, sharing my Apps must be within the same @domain.

Moreover, all users are difintiely must be holding valid workmail and have access to PowerApps.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app/

is a good reference.

Have a nice day.

hpkeong
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lmauriceparker,

This issue may also exists when the company contains multiple domains or subdomains.

Quoted:

"

If you want all users to be in the same tenant regardless of their email address extensions:

• Create a target tenant ahead of time or use an existing tenant. Add all the existing domains and subdomains that you want consolidated within that tenant. Then all the users with email addresses ending in those domains and subdomains automatically join the target tenant when they sign up.

IMPORTANT: There is no supported automated mechanism to move users across tenants once they have been created. To learn about adding domains to a single Office 365 tenant, see Add your users and domain to Office 365.

"

Some more readings:

PowerApps in your organization Q&A

For a workaround, please take a try to create a testing account within your tenant (choose the Email extensions match your domain), then assign PowerApps license for this account, and share this Account to the corresponding user.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,970)