cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emckinney81
Level: Powered On

Sharing SQL Datasource issue

Kind of a wierd issue, so i will do my best to explain: I have two environments, one used for development and one used for production.  Everything was working fine until last week, now when I share an app from my Production environment, and then the two sql server connections, it is sharing my development environment sql server connections and the production connections.

This would normally be fine, i could just go into the app on the phone and hit switch account and choose the proper  connection, but that doesnt seem to be an option, the only option is my developement sql environments that inexplicably have been shared.

I have tried removing the users permissions entirely and then resharing with no luck.

I have reauthenticated the sql permissions\

I have opened the application, saved an published to the latest version (this is happening on multiple apps)

Looking to see if anyone else is experiencing the issue? Kind of holding up some progress I need to make for a rollout. I have submitted a ticket as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharing SQL Datasource issue

Hi @emckinney81,

Thanks for the update.

There is no need to share SQL Server Connection, it is automically shared after you shared the App, check:

Share App resources

"

Some types of connections, such as SQL Server, are shared automatically, but others require users to create their own connections to the data source or sources in the app.

On powerapps.com, you can determine whether a connection will be shared automatically, and you can update sharing permissions. In the left navigation bar, click or tap Manage, click or tap Connections, and then click or tap a connection. If the Share tab appears, the connection will be shared automatically.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
emckinney81
Level: Powered On

Alright so I think I figured it out, I had to go into the app remove the connections, save it, re open the app, re add the connections, tell it to overrwrite the "existing collections", then save again and publish. Now the data sources seem to be sharing properly. Not sure if something was goofed up in last weeks update, either way if anyone else has a similar problem that is how i fixed it.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @emckinney81,

Thanks for the update.

There is no need to share SQL Server Connection, it is automically shared after you shared the App, check:

Share App resources

"

Some types of connections, such as SQL Server, are shared automatically, but others require users to create their own connections to the data source or sources in the app.

On powerapps.com, you can determine whether a connection will be shared automatically, and you can update sharing permissions. In the left navigation bar, click or tap Manage, click or tap Connections, and then click or tap a connection. If the Share tab appears, the connection will be shared automatically.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,184)