Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMTC
Level: Powered On

Sharing of connections that are used in PowerApps and app-called Flows

Hello,

we have the following problem:

2 Flows are called inside a Canvas App . The flows are set to team flows (since I can not share the flow in the same way as I can share my canvas app). The connection assignment (CommonDataService) is the same for the App and the Flows (it is the same data source).

I can not explicitely share a connection separately, why?

When the owner /creator of the app and owner of the CDS connection setting runs the app plus inside flows, everything is fine. For any other user who has access rights to the app (shared) and the flows (team ownership), we get the connection error inside the App:

error running the flow "xxx" there is no connection configured...

I assume it is a chaotic approach  that we assign the CDS connection to the App, and then assign the same connection to the flows (only embedded), and the App calles the flows with the same connection as already established, but in embedded mode?

Is there any help or workaround?

Regards, Karla

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharing of connections that are used in PowerApps and app-called Flows

Hi @KMTC 

If you share one app,you also share the permission of the data source and connection.

And If you create an app based on Common Data Service, you must also ensure that the users with whom you share the app have the appropriate permissions for the entity or entities on which the app relies. 

More information:

share-app

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

KMTC
Level: Powered On

Re: Sharing of connections that are used in PowerApps and app-called Flows

Thank you, Yumia.

I have already checked all the security roles concerning access to the entities, everything is fine. The 2 users who try to run the shared Powerapp including the flows are even system admins in Dynamics 365 CRM. The app has functions which do not need the flows (just access to the entities) and these functions run without problems. Errors only occur when functions are called that call the flows.

Kind regards, Karla

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 422 members 6,038 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: