cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmistry
Level 8

Showing Message on Sucessful submit or reject of a record from PowerApp to SP List

Hi,

I have a situation where when a user clicks on a save button, it takes couple of seconds and then navigates them to a different screen and this is due to the Onselect property set to : SubmitForm(Form1); Navigate(Screen1,ScreenTransition.Cover)

When user poulates all necessary fields, the above onselect property works great but not when user leaves out filling up a neccessary field. So I want to show a pop on when user clicks on save, something like (if user filled up all mandatory fields), post data insertion, "Details Submitted" and then navigate to Screen 1.

In case if a user does not poulate one or two of the mandatory fields then it should show "Some of the necessary fields not populated" and then when user finishes populating it and click on Save, post insertion "Details submitted successfully" and navigate to Screen1.

Can someone please help, thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
sjcitpro
Level: Powered On

Re: Showing Message on Sucessful submit or reject of a record from PowerApp to SP List

I put the Navigate command in the Forms OnSuccess property.

dmistry
Level 8

Re: Showing Message on Sucessful submit or reject of a record from PowerApp to SP List

That's a valuable input, thanks @sjcitpro . However, is there a way to show a pop up message ?

sjcitpro
Level: Powered On

Maybe the Form OnFailure could unhide a failure message.  I haven't played with the OnFailure, if there are form errors they will show so the user can correct.

Super User
Super User

I typically make the button disabled if the required fields are not done so they can see it but can't click it with a message box that says you have required fields missing data...and then for those fields I make the have a red outline if they are required but left blank or the star show or something. I even have one that list out exactly which fields are missing because it has a lot of required fields and used by techs in field.

That being said....you could do it on a pop-up by having when they click the "Submit" button it has an if statement that says if..required fields are done SubmitForm and go to next screen and if not UpdateContext({showPopup:true}) and then have the box show and say "You can't submit until you put entries in all required fields" or something to that affect. You would need an OK button or something on the pop-up that does the UpdateContext({showPopup:false}) to hide the box back and let them continue again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 163 members 5,102 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: