cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LauraEmberson
Level: Powered On

Single Line of Text Column Updated dependent on button clicked

Hi All,

Can I just say how helpul this forum is! You guys are all genuises!

Anyway,

In short I am trying to work out a formula that on a click of an individual button it will update a single line of text with a specific value.

From the initial screen (first attachment) each time the user clicks CAR button it will load a new screen (second attachment) and I want it to populate that text box with words of my choice. The button navigates to the screen correctly, but I need the "Acques" box to populate dependent on the button chosen.

(Each datacard will have its own button so the text can be set on the button)

I don't want to use variables.. just defaults if possible.

Hope this is clear enough. I am able to set defaults which don't change, but i'd like the text to be set manually if you like.

Thanks All 🙂 

1 REPLY 1
v-zhta-msft
Level 8

Re: Single Line of Text Column Updated dependent on button clicked

Hi @ LauraEmberson

Unfortunately, there is no other way to pass a  single line text from one screen to another screen without variables.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

If you use the variables, you can call the Navigate function, it also can pass the text you typed to another screen:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-navigate

I created the two screens you mentioned using the Navigate function.  Default value in the drop down controllers are “No” and “10”.

Then I typed “hello world” in the Textinput and clicked the CAR button the value in the first screen passed into the second screen10.jpgResult:

11.jpgHere is the button CAR formula:

15.PNG

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Zhen

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,686)