cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken
Level: Powered On

Site Inspection sample app and template not working on Android 6.0.1 marshmallow (Galaxy s6)

Hi, I was trying to create an app using the 'Site Inspection' template, the app runs well on my iPad mini and Android Lollipop 5.0.2 tablet (Galaxy Tab 4), but on my Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 (Samsung galaxy s6), it only shows 1 item and the header/footer and everything else are just blank. Please see screenshot below. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? I tested the sample Site Inspection app with the same outcome.

Screenshot_20161125-095928.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
ken

Re: Site Inspection sample app and template not working on Android 6.0.1 marshmallow (Galaxy s6)

I did a factory reset on my galaxy s6, downloaded Powerapps again, and everything is working now! I suspect the problem was caused by corrupted the Android OS on my device. The version of the Powerapps is still 2.0.560.

All good now, thanks for your help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Site Inspection sample app and template not working on Android 6.0.1 marshmallow (Galaxy s6)

Hi ken,

Have you updated your PowerApps studio to the latest version?
Have you tried with other sample apps to see if you would get the same issue? Such as Asset Checkout, Budget Tracker, etc.

As I don’t have a Samsung galaxy s6 to test this issue, if you still get the same result with other sample apps, please let me know.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ken

What is the latest version? My Powerapps studio was updated on Nov 10th, version number 2.0.542.0. My locale is Australia.

The version of my Powerapps on Galaxy s6 is 2.0.560.

Just tested a few other sample apps, I noticed similar issues. The 'Asset Checkout' app also just shows a line 'Most checked out' the rest just white space. The 'Inventory Management' app also shows a lot of white space, when I tap on 'View all products' button, the header is blank and all the images are not showing up. I haven't tested all the sample apps, but it looks like quite a few are affected.

DatabaseMX

The two apps I downloaded one being the issue tracker are full of bugs and on my super fast Motorola Droid Turbo they're very slow on top of that. And since you can't create a template or look at designed you to learn things they're very useless sorry to say
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi ken,

The PowerApps version I am running on both Windows and my iPhone is 2.0.542. But your version on your Galaxy s6 is 2.0.560. I can’t update to this version currently.

Anyway, I will report this issue on my side, and I will update you once I have useful information.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ken

It looks like the problem is caused by version mismatch. My iPad mini is also 2.0.542 which runs the apps well. On my galaxy s6, I'm unable to downgrade to that version as the Play store doesn't give me the option. Appreciate if Microsoft can fix this ASAP.

Highlighted
ken

I did a factory reset on my galaxy s6, downloaded Powerapps again, and everything is working now! I suspect the problem was caused by corrupted the Android OS on my device. The version of the Powerapps is still 2.0.560.

All good now, thanks for your help

View solution in original post

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Thanks for letting us know, ken.  What version Android are you running now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,015)