cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slider with 3 options will not show the middle option.

I have  a slider on an Edit Form for the user to select a quantity of items to reserve. I set Min = 1 and the Max is determined by how many of a particular item is in stock. The slider works great if there are 1, 2, 4 or more items, but if the Max is set to 3 the Slider will either select 1 or 3. It will Skip 2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Slider with 3 options will not show the middle option.

Thank you for reporting this issue. We're working on a fix that should come in an upcoming release.

Unfortunately we don't have a very good workaround as of now. You can use an "Edit Number" card that allows the user to enter an arbitrary number, which will let them enter the quantity of '2', but it won't be as nice as the slider would be.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff

Thank you for reporting this issue. We're working on a fix that should come in an upcoming release.

Unfortunately we don't have a very good workaround as of now. You can use an "Edit Number" card that allows the user to enter an arbitrary number, which will let them enter the quantity of '2', but it won't be as nice as the slider would be.

View solution in original post

Mike8
Level 10

Hello @CarlosFigueira

Could you please give a timeline on solving this problem? We are in quite desperate need of having slider using just 5 or less steps (as an alternative on horizontally checkboxes that exclude eachother's selection).

Thank you.
Mike

PowerApps Staff

This should have been fixed since the 660 (or 670, don't remember for sure) release - we're now at 680. What is the version (you can find it in the Account page) and platform where you still see this issue?

Mike8
Level 10

Hello @CarlosFigueira,

The version that I am using is 2.0.702 and I can see that there are still some issues.

1                                                                         2                                                                  3
If I press    ^                                                                                                                                     It goes to 2. Its ok.

1                                                                         2                                                                  3

If I press                                             ^                                                                                                                                
It is supposed to go at 2 but it goes to 3.

(The numbers are the values of the slider and the ^ is the pointer. The place where I click...)

Slider can be a very useful control and we can not use it because of this bug. This also happens if Min is 1 and Max is 5 or 10.
Could you please fix that?

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,680)