cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelWu
Level: Powered On

Re: Slowness With Connection To SQL Server

It's funny becasue the reason why choose PowerApps is we are using Azure SQL DB and we thought it's good to stay in one MS ecosystem...but it really gave us heaache from time to time...dont want to put too much pressure on Powerapps team but you guys really need to make this product more stable.

lero

It seems better today. At least I didn't get any negative report from my users.

It would be good for the community to receive an oficial statement from Microsoft Support. It's important to know what have happened and if it's related to the slowness problem.

Right now I'm just glad it's working, but my confidence on Powerapps platform and its ecosystem is a bit low. I'm skeptical about recommending Powerapps to my customers if they are going to go blind when obscure issues render the system completly unstable.

David7

Over a year later, this is happening to us.  In our case, the SQL server is not Azure but internally hosted with a public DNS.

yaymichelle

I'm having the same issues. Very frustrating.

David7

In our case, there was an problem on Microsoft's servers at the time, affecting many people, which they resolved later that day.  The data connection problem was reported here: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/  It makes us question moving to cloud based systems when problems like this happen that are out of our control.

lucasg123

I was working on my apps all morning and everything was fine and pretty fast, I left for an hour meeting and when I came back the data loads slow as mud. tested on two computers and phones on different connections and had the same problem. Using SQL Server on Azure and have never had this problem before.

Highlighted
McHenryCC

Our apps seem ok.  But we are connecting directly to our own SQL server.  When this happened to us last time, it was a problem on Microsoft's end that they resolved later in the day.

ChristophM

Have the same problem. Write or delete a row in SQL Azure Table takes up to 30 seconds. How is this possible? 

raf_olaerts
Level: Power Up

I just finished my first app in powerapps with a SQL Azure data connection.

Everything worked perfectly until today.

Just before I wanted to publish the app for all my users to use the app got very... VERY slow.

Nothing changed so I don't know what the problem is.

I'm glad it happened now, just before publishing.

It's so bad that I decided not to publish at all.

I see that the first post here of this problem dated from a year ago... No solution yet??!!

I have no choice, I'm ditching Powerapps...

this is unacceptable for professional use

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,730)