cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshua_campbell
Level: Powered On

Solution export is missing Formulas folder

We recently noticed that our solution export no longer contains the Formula folder which causes the solution import to fail. Could it be possible that we're missing a configuration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joshua_campbell

Re: Solution export is missing Formulas folder

Seems like Microsoft fixed the issue on their end. Glad to see that it's working again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @joshua_campbell ,

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

My exported file does not contain formula folder too.1022.PNG

However, I could import it successfully.

So it is regardless of lack of formula folder.

Could you show me your error message?

If the import isn’t successful, you will see a report showing any errors or warnings that were captured. Select Download Log File to capture details about what caused the import to fail. The most common cause for an import to fail is that the solution did not contain some required components.

Please note that: if you’re importing a solution that includes an active routing rule set into an environment where the rule already exists with the same ID, the import will fail. 

Here are two docs about this that may help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/import-update-export-solutions

https://community.dynamics.com/365/b/arunvinothdynamicsspot/posts/fixed-solution-import-failure-the-...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
joshua_campbell

Thanks for the quick reply @v-yutliu-msft.

The Formula folder appears to be related to calculated (timespan) created as part of a Business Process Flow . Once we removed the calculated field from the entity we were able to successfully extract the solution using the Solution Packager. Unfortunately, this isn't a viable solution.

maggievo
Level: Power Up

We have the same issue of missing Formulas folder for a calculated field.  It's just happened lately.  My colleage is about to raised a ticket to MS

TauqeerMian

I'm facing same issue. Formula folder suppoed to contains all caluculated field formulas, but folder is missing form zip file. 

I'm getting this error. 

"Attribute import: FormulaDefinition file is missing from import zip file: FileName: /Formulas/.......(entityname -calculatedfieldname)". 

I have older exported solution (zip file) which was successfully imported to other environment has formula folder. 

Is there any workaround for this issue? 

Highlighted
TauqeerMian

Looks like issue is resolved. 

Thanks 

joshua_campbell

Seems like Microsoft fixed the issue on their end. Glad to see that it's working again.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,470)