cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PhilD
Level 8

Solution for my ETAG-Mismatch errors when patching multiple times

This might be obvious (although it wasn't to me) but since I was able to establish such a definitive link between my ETAG errors and the cause, I thought I would post here in case it is helpful to someone else. 

The problem was with the way I was referencing the variable in the patch function (see examples below).

Using Number 1 the patch works the first time, but if the user patches the record again a few minutes later, it produces an ETAG error on the screen and the patch is unreliable (works about 90% the time).

Using Number 2 the ETAG errors immediately were gone and the patch is much more reliable (haven't had one instance yet of failure).

Number 1

Only works the first time

Refresh(Employees);
Set(varEmployee, varCurrentUserEmployeeTableRow); //employee table entry corresponding with logged in O365 user

//update item
Patch(
Employees,
varEmployee,
{TaskAvailabilityStatus:"Active"},
{LastStatusTime:Now()}
)

Number 2

Works every time

Refresh(Employees);
Set(varEmployee, varCurrentUserEmployeeTableRow); //employee table entry corresponding with logged in O365 user

//update item
Patch(
Employees,
LookUp(Employees, ID = varEmployee.ID),
{TaskAvailabilityStatus:"Active"},
{LastStatusTime:Now()}
)

Hope this helps somebody!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Solution for my ETAG-Mismatch errors when patching multiple times

Thanks for taking the time post this @PhilD! It will definitely help future users who run into the same scenario

@TopShelf-MSFT

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thanks for taking the time post this @PhilD! It will definitely help future users who run into the same scenario

@TopShelf-MSFT

View solution in original post

tomgardzinski
Level: Powered On

@PhilD @TopShelf-MSFT 

I thought this was going to be the magic bullet to fix my ETAG ing issue while patching but no dice.

Back to the drawing board. I've seen other posts that you have referred to and they just don't work. posts from @karl and others.

Here is the coding that seems to work the most, although failure rates occur after multiple attempts. Any other thoughts. I'm using PowerApps release 3.19111.33.

Patch(IPAC_AuditList, GalleryAuditList.Selected, {'Q1.2Results': DDQ1_2DataCardValue.Selected, 'Q1.2NCIssue': 'Q1-2NCIssueDataCardValue'.Text, 'Q1.2AuditorNotes': 'Q1.2AuditorNotesDataCardValue'.Text})

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,925)