cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some users: Failed to load [data source]. An unknown error occurred.

I have an app created with OneDrive for Business that I use with my students. I've shared the folder with the excel file with them. When some of my students open the app, they receieve the error: "Failed to load TableStudentName. An unknown error occurred." The really annoying thing is that it doesn't happen for all of them. I've checked that the individual students have read permission (they're not writing to the spreadsheet at all) and that the folder has been shared with them.

Any ideas on what might not be working?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Some users: Failed to load [data source]. An unknown error occurred.

Hi @Anonymous,

So the issue here is users with read permission would have issues loading the Excel table?

Have you tried to change the permission to Edit and check it again?

There is an old thread talking about the same error:

Shared users - Problem loading OneDrive Data

Which should be resolved.

And from my testing, there is no issues connecting to the Excel table with Read permission configured.

If you are using OneDrive For bussiness, please share the file directly, follow the following guide to configure the permission:

Share Excel data used by your app

For more information, see Share OneDrive files and folders.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ianrimmer67
Level: Powered On

Hi 

I have previously experienced the same issue and since the latest powerapps update, our users are getting the following error message when opening the apps:

Capture.JPG

tlt
Level: Powered On

Same here... the data connection issue is a huge problem.

For my case, I set the permission to "all user in my organization can view" for excel datasource and the app permission to "all user in my organization can use".

It works for a few weeks but sometime other users got a message: "Failed to load Table_xxx"

Now, all user cannot load the data.....I am trying to set the datasource to " can edit" and see what will happen.

However, I feel bad to do that even if it works, since other users may have a chance to modify/delete my datasource.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,520)