cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter1234
Level: Powered On

Stability Issues in flows launched from PowerApps when the app has been running long

When I first start the PowerApps app on my phone, everything works fine.

But then I open another app (say for example Outlook), while power apps stays active in the background. I leave my phone like that for a couple of hours and then return to power apps.

My power app that I previously started is still running, but when I launch a workflow, it goes wrong... The workflow tries to read a blob from blobstorage, but the authentication fails. In a later step of the flow I tried to read some data from SharePoint... same problem: authentication fails.

When i quite the app and I go back to the list of powerapps ... it's empty. Refreshing the list does not help. I have to literally close down the app and start it up again to make things work again. (btw, this second problem happens all the time even if I just start power apps and leave it running for a while without starting an app... this list will be empty)

As a developer, I can understand where this is coming from (the token has expired), but a scenario like this will happen all the time and I'm not quite at ease launching powerapps in my company with this kind of issue. I'm pretty sure it will damage the adoption of powerapps in my company.

Has anyone experienced this, how can i fix it?

I'm using a Pixel XL phone, with Android 9

Kind regards,

Peter

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,919)