cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
crsnt
Level: Powered On

Standalone PowerApps canvas connected to SharePoint - Offline - random cache data deletion

Hi,

I am not sure if anyone has experienced this issue before.

We have a standalone canvas PowerApps connected to SharePoint list(s).

We implemented offline capabilities, started off with SharePoint connected data so I have Browse and Edit screen.

Overall it works great saving/loading data into/from the cache. But once or twice sometimes (random occurence), my offline list suddenly becomes empty (browse screen shows no record) and we have to get connected first to refresh the list. Doing the same process again normally works ok afterwards.

Obviously the cache being wiped randomly while offline is not acceptable as the users need to go out and have no connection at all. Is there any safeguard to make sure this does not happen? This seems to me like a pretty critical bug that needs to be addressed for offline capabilities.

I found similar thread with no answer.

The difference is I am using desktop PC and Surface to test, not a phone so storage wouldn't be an issue (at the moment we only list like 10 records in total)

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
crsnt

Re: Standalone PowerApps canvas connected to SharePoint - Offline - random cache data deletion

Oops looks like I might have code on my timer that is not inside Connection.Connected, so it tries to talk to SP list, got error and save the empty result to the cache. My bad 🙂 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
crsnt

Re: Standalone PowerApps canvas connected to SharePoint - Offline - random cache data deletion

Oops looks like I might have code on my timer that is not inside Connection.Connected, so it tries to talk to SP list, got error and save the empty result to the cache. My bad 🙂 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 136 members 5,363 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: