cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattyH
Level 8

Start a free PowerApps premium trial.

Hi,

I have a user who accesses the same apps on both iPhone and iPad. The iPhone apps are working perfectly, but when they try to access those same apps on the iPad, they get a warning banner stating "This app uses features that come with a PowerApps premium plan" and asking the user to start a trial period.

The same sign in user account is being used on both devices, I need to know what is going on, as my company has a specific requirement for using both phones and tablets for PowerApps.

Thanks

Matty.

8 REPLIES 8
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Start a free PowerApps premium trial.

Checking licensing when using features requires extra code.  MS doesn't always enforce licensing requirements through software.  It is your organization's responsibility to have appropriate licenses to cover the features you are using.  Your results simply mean that the application is using some Premium feature, like an http connector, and the code to check for its use is included in the iPad client, but not in the phone client.  Don't depend on the software to tell you what you are and aren't licensed for.  It won't happen in all cases as you've discovered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
serastpan
Level: Powered On

I am having exactly the same issue and have connections to SQL server and SharePoint online. I guess someone in MS has been naughty...

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I saw your mesage as well.  Not sure if yours is a bug or whether there is some premium feature being used that you aren't aware of.  Without looking at your app its really tough to tell.  Neither SharePoint or Azure SQL should be premium, unless the Azure SQL sits on a VM and you are using a gateway.

The problem is that different client's don't all check for premium features, MS has changed what are considered premium features, and evidently have updated some of the clients and the web to now impose warnings if they are used.

serastpan

@Pstork1  You are absolutely right. Before posting I did some research to see whether there was any changes in the Premium MS policy and couldn't find anything (unfortunately, sometimes the documentation is difficult to find). No VMs, just a connection to I even tried disconnecting all the connectors and it was still asking for a premium license.

I am hoping someone from MS can access my app through the app Id and tell me which premium connector I am using.

Shanuj_Patel
Level: Power Up

I am having the same problem with an app just connected to a SharePoint list! Was all working until recently.

simon-int

I've had a similar error reported.

The app is using only the Office 365 Users connector and nothing more.

Perhaps Microsoft is pushing 'Premium' Trials out to users to demonstrate the features of a Plan 2 License?

MattyH
Level 8

@Pstork1 

I just can't find any kind of premium connector within the app. It is solely connected to Dynamics365, as it has always been, there are no other data sources or web links, and it is not connected to Office365 either.

As I have said this has only happened when the app is used on an iPad. All documentation I can find does not differentiate between iPad and iPhone, it is all just under IOS.

Very strange.

Matty.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

But if its connected to Dyanmics 365 taht implies that it is connected to CDS, which is a premium resource. Sorry, I'm not sure what is wrong without actually looking at the way your app is coded.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,204)