cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pitfrog1
Level: Powered On

Re: Static excel data vs dynamic excel data

Hi @timl ,

perfect thank you very much for your help.

Because we are here now 🙂 I have updated all my data sources with SharePoint lists and it works fine. I get no errors. But one thing that is a little bit annoying is that when I press the Play button there will be no Items displayed. I need to navigate to another page and than back to the main page to see the items.

Do you know why? It occurs also when I'm editing the app.

Another question: Right now the "Create a new ticket" is not working properly since I changed to SharePoint. The error states that there is a problem with the data source 😞 It will create the tickets but they are not listed in the "New tickets ribbon" and even if I type in the "Created by" there is no content.  Just the Subject and the description is being updated

BR
Pitfrog

Super User
Super User

Hi @Pitfrog1 

Apologies for the delay in replying. In answer to your first question, I'm not exactly sure why you need to navigate away to another page and back again to see the items.

I see that in the Service Desk template, the main list is bound to a collection called TicketsCollect1 and that this collection is populated from a timer. I would try copying this formula to the OnStart property of your app so that it runs when your app starts. This might help.

image.png

I'm not sure about the second issue. Could you screenshot this error? Something elses that's worth noting is that in the origanl Excel version, I couldn't actually find formula that saves the local collection back to the orginal Excel data source.

View solution in original post

Pitfrog1
Level: Powered On

hi @timl ,

i figured it out. the refreshng function with the timer is a nice trick to accomplish my needs. 

The other issue was also solved. The application is now running nice and smoothly.

Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate that.

BR
Pitfrog

Super User
Super User

Thanks Pitfrog - glad you figured it out!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,270)