cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tech08
Level: Powered On

Stop hidden items from rearranging in form

I've been trying to make a nice form for my school and when I try to make it all on one screen by choosing visible options it works really well with the exception you can't rearrange the items because the hidden items are causing issues with it dumping them at the bottom of the list and not allowing me to change them without making them all visible again and then fixing my order and re-hiding them.  

That sounds kind of confusing, but there should be a defined order that we can see and change even when items are hidden.  Sometimes I try to move something and Studio will throw it in random places in my form and not where I choose.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tech08

Re: Stop hidden items from rearranging in form

In my form, when a device is chosen, it determines which fields are next to be displayed and Powerapps does keep them in the proper order as they were before I changed their visibility when they are shown, but when hidden it drops them to the bottom of the list.  I just think it would be much easier if the datacards stayed in the same order on the side and then just said they were hidden instead of rearranging themselves.

If I want to re-arrange the order I need to make all the fields visible again to re-order them and then hide them with their If statements afterward.

powerapps.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tech08,

I am not quite understand the scenario you mentioned here. Would it be convenient for you to share a screenshot about the situation you mentioned?

If you mean the Data Card order in the form control, we could just drag and drop the item from the options pane on the right side:

105.PNG

If an item is hided, it will then be moved to the bottom of the list, which when choose to un-hide it, it will be added at the bottom of the form control.

Adding the document for reference:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tech08

In my form, when a device is chosen, it determines which fields are next to be displayed and Powerapps does keep them in the proper order as they were before I changed their visibility when they are shown, but when hidden it drops them to the bottom of the list.  I just think it would be much easier if the datacards stayed in the same order on the side and then just said they were hidden instead of rearranging themselves.

If I want to re-arrange the order I need to make all the fields visible again to re-order them and then hide them with their If statements afterward.

powerapps.jpg

View solution in original post

Aaronk21234

I'm having the same issue.  Why are datacards moved to the bottom when visible = false?  Powerapps should keep the order the same, and simply make them invisible, so that if they are set visible = true again, they're where they need to be.

I also seem to have an issue where invisible data cards get automaticlly moved up in the order. 

Is there a way to turn off the automatic reordering of cards?

ghostwhowalkz

Same issue for me, I have created a tabbed form where the visible property of different fields are controlled by the tab variable. I can cycle through my tabs, arrange and move the fields to suit the best way to complete the form, however the layout is often screwed up when previewing it, and all the hard work is undone. I tried editing the form layout section where the various data cards can be moved up and down in their list, in case this was imparting some sort of heirarchy that was overriding my own edits, however powerapps studio wouldn't let my edits stick.
Aaronk21234

I've had to turn Snap to Column off for the control, and then add If( logic to control the X and Y position of the individual cards.  This has worked so far, but it's frustraiting to have to add logic to overide the program's unneccessary action. 

Nours74

I have the exact same issue... Its a wtf bug...

I aways have to try and try again and they magicaly after xx retry it works....

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,707)