Hi All, I am brand new to power apps and have just created a form as an app from scratch, I dont want it to lnk to any data as its just a free txt/name and date fields. How do I create a submit button on the end of the form and then where and how does the data submitted on the app get stored?
We could use SubmitForm function in the Onselect Property of a Button control to save any changes in a From control to the data source. So you should connect a data source to you App and use SubmitForm function to save data to your data source. This article about NewForm, SubmitForm, and RestForm functions in PowerApps would be a reference for you.
1. Create apps from data (either from Excel in Dropbox, Onedrive or Entities from CDM)
- In this case, you shall create a Table in Excel and save them in Dropbox or OneDrive, connected to your PowerApps
- Connection: this will be directed to web.powerapps. com for you to connect yo your desired dropbox or onedrive account
In this case, PowerApps will auto-generate for you NewForm, Submit Form, EditForm
2. Create apps from scratch.
- As above, you shall either have Excel (with Table format) in Dropbox / OneDrive (Conencted earlier) or Entities created (in CDM)
- Then, once you had launch PowerApps, goto Datasource, connect to desired Dropbox / OneDrive / CDM, and choose the Excel or Entities which contain your tables / Entities
In this case, you got to design your own, especially using Context Variable, etc.
Hope this helps in giving you a clearer picture of creating (a) Standard Apps (b) Apps as you wish.
Thanks and have a nice day.
- Simplest way of creating apps will be: A browse screen (add a Text Gallery, and selec the Items, that's the table), then add another screen for you to navigate to from your Gallery (for Viewing or Editing) or Add additional data
(View: in one screen; Edit / Add New in another screen)