cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdoty
Level: Powered On

Submit Function Error! Unable to make edits to SharePoint List Through PowerApp

I am having the following error message displayed when I try and use a submit button to submit an edit made in my PowerApp:

Submit Error 1.png

My Submit button has the following "OnSelect" Properties "SubmitForm(Form1)", as such:

Submit Error 2.png

Could someone possibly inform me what I should do to fix this error and why it may be occurring? For some background, the submit function worked fine the first day I put it in - edits made and submitted were changed on my SharePoint List (data source linked). Unfortunately, ever since then I have had no luck.

Thank you kindly for your time with this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Submit Function Error! Unable to make edits to SharePoint List Through PowerApp

Hi @gdoty 

Ok so looks like there is some data card in your form which is of type datetime and you are passing a string

Is there any column type that was changed in SP list?

Go to SP list and get list of all date fields

Check to see if any of those date field data cards are on the formcontrol and have been edited

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Submit Function Error! Unable to make edits to SharePoint List Through PowerApp

@gdoty 

Share the error message to make it easy to understand the issue

If you hover on the error or go to app checker it will tell you what the error is related to

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

gdoty

Hi @RezaDorrani , the error message (picture above) says:

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 1, clientRequestId: 4edb87d6-f2f1-413f-8068-50cf18798545 serviceRequestId: 4ebd87d6-f2f1-413f-8068-50cf18798545

If there is other information I should provide other than this error message please let me know! I really need to find a solution to this issue. Thanks for taking the time to look into this 🙂

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @gdoty 

Ok so looks like there is some data card in your form which is of type datetime and you are passing a string

Is there any column type that was changed in SP list?

Go to SP list and get list of all date fields

Check to see if any of those date field data cards are on the formcontrol and have been edited

View solution in original post

gdoty

@RezaDorrani THANK YOU!!  That was so simple but I just didn't know that that was the issue. Many thanks to you!

-Gabriel

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@gdoty 

Always remember to use the App Checker 

It is your best friend !

gdoty

@RezaDorrani  Alright I definitely will do that from here on out!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 167 members 6,043 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: