cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
photonacl
Level: Powered On

Submit Microsoft Forms using PowerApp?

Greetings,

Just wondering if anyone knows a way for PowerApp to submit a form response on behalf of the regular MS Forms. Basically using PowerApp as an interface to collect data (more fancy) and store the data as form responses.

I ran into the connector that is already out there, but it seems that the data flow could only go one way (get instead of set). So PowerApp could pull data from Forms, but cannot submit to it.

The real reason I'm trying to use Forms instead of other data sources like SharePoint or SQL is due to the issue of lacking data protection that some of you may already aware of. 

Ideas of making MS Form to create more fancy interfaces (instead of line by line questions) are also welcome 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Submit Microsoft Forms using PowerApp?

Hi @photonacl,

it is my understanding that MS Forms stores its data in an Excel workbook in OneDrive for business. If this is the case, you should be able to use the Excel connector and let PowerApps create an app from data already in Excel. The data would have to be formatted as a table in Excel first,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @photonacl,

it is my understanding that MS Forms stores its data in an Excel workbook in OneDrive for business. If this is the case, you should be able to use the Excel connector and let PowerApps create an app from data already in Excel. The data would have to be formatted as a table in Excel first,

View solution in original post

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thank you for posting this thread @photonacl and thank you for your quick response @Drrickryp!

@photonacl can you review the latest reply and advise if it answers your question?

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,070)