cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patelh
Level: Powered On

Submit a new form based on old retrieved form from sharePoint

Hi All,

I would really appreciate help in regards to figuring out the below solution.

We have created a travel approval form which writes data to SharePoint list and triggers a workflow approval process. We are trying to implement a screen to retrieve an old request from the sharepoint list based on their user name to resubmit a new form based on the details already used in old form to make it easier for users .Often people will travel to the same place therefore if the fields were automatically filled with previous information the only changes required would be dates/times would make the process effecient . Can powerapps provide this solution ?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Submit a new form based on old retrieved form from sharePoint

Hi @Patelh,

That is a good idea for user experience.

We could first create a collection when App starts, with the Onvisibe property of the landing screen, to get the SharePoint list items created by the current user.

Formula should be:

clearcollect(CurrentData, filter(SharePointLists, Author.Email=User().Email))

Then add dropdown control to replace the TextInput in the Edit Form control, with the following formula under items property of dropdown:

Distinct(CurrentData, Place)

Doing it in this way would allow the submitted place being listed in the dropdown as available choices.

After that, change the Update property of the Corresponding Data Card to:

Dropdown.selected.value

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Patelh

Hi Michael,

I need to retrieve the data from the old submitted forms which i believe cant be done using the collect function . I did try to use the app but looks like it doesnt seem to be able to populate the data once the user picks the name . Not sure what i am doing wrong ?

amila1

Hi Guys , 

Need Help for my powerapp 

i have crated visitor registration app i wnt to know how i get old user details as a new record

EX: i put user NIC ID i wnt to auto fill previous User data that fealds from sharepoint list.visitoreee.JPG

Need your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,372)