cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebsWadge
Level: Powered On

Submit button works for editing a record but doesn't work to submit a new record

HI

Can anyone help me with this please. I have a Sharepoint App that pulls information from a SP list. I have added to this list when I first built the app and edited it. However, now when editing, it saves the information with the submit button, and all works well.

The problem is when I create a new record and press the submit button. I get an error initially saying 'An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again'. There are a lot of compulsory fields with choice questions. I go back and check everything and there is nothing wrong. I try to submit again and nothing happens. It used to work but for whatever reason now it doesn't. Having read an article about the submit command. I understand that the app thinks there is something wrong, so it won't save. For the life of me I don't understand, what it is that is wrong. As I said, If I edit, it saves, I create new, it doesn't save!!!

If anyone can help with this, I would be grateful. I am slowly turning bald!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Submit button works for editing a record but doesn't work to submit a new record

Hi @DebsWadge 

Go to your sharepoint list - list settings - and check which columns are marked mandatory

ensure all those columns are available on the data form for user to fill out or have a default value associated with it

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Submit button works for editing a record but doesn't work to submit a new record

Hi @DebsWadge 

Check your sharepoint list an ensure the fields marked mandatory are a part of your new form control

DebsWadge

HI, Sorry how do I do that?

In the app, I have looked at each mandatory field individually (Control Type), and they are either Edit Text, Edit Number, Edit Date or Edit Selection and are all required (yes).

Looking at the button to add (IconNewItem1) OnSelect = NewForm(Editform1); Navigate(EditScreen1, None)

Looking at the button to save/submit (IconAccept1) OnSelect= SubmitForm(EditForm1)

It all used to work but for whatever reason this one button has stopped working. 

I have added a couple of screen shots which hopefully, will show you what I am seeing. Not sure how much this will help but at least you are seeing what I am seeing.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @DebsWadge 

Go to your sharepoint list - list settings - and check which columns are marked mandatory

ensure all those columns are available on the data form for user to fill out or have a default value associated with it

View solution in original post

Highlighted
DebsWadge

HI

I took your advice and went through everything with a fine tooth comb. Eventually found the problem. In a box, there was a true instead of a false. changed it and problem solved. 

the SP list was working fine. Tried the form in classic format and the form saved. Tried it in new experience and found a little problem in there, went through it all and 1 field was causing a problem, so removed it and re-added it, which sorted the problem in there. Tried it again and all works well. The last issue was with the mobile app, it took me hours to find it, but got there eventually. 

Many thanks for your help and advice. I have learnt a lot more about PAs. 

Debs

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,244)