cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fields
Level: Powered On

Submit form Issue

Hey guys, i am very new at the powerapp, and i tried to do an app...

Everything was fine, until the submit button bugged, and when i submit, it cleans all the required fields (Expect the date), and says to do it again! I can't submit, can someone help me?

I have tried everything in the forums and still nothing..

Edited: I don't know if it helps, but it's worth noticing, that i used calculated columns, and data from other list, i don't know if this affects or not...

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Submit form Issue

Hey @Fields

I think those html tags showing in your description is because you chose rich text in your SharePoint list but Im not sure. 
But I had the same issue and changed it to plain text and then it worked.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hey @Fields

Because calculated fields in SharePoint are not standard behavior it cannot be saved by the SubmitForm function

I think you will need the Patch function to save everything back to your SharePoint list.

I dont know the name of your datasource but ill show you an example of how to use the patch function

Patch(<datasource>, Default(<datasource>), {<columnnameInSharePoint>:  <fieldname>.<type>,...})

the defaults is used to create new records in your list otherwise it expects a record to be overwritten

Hope this helps you a bit furter

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User
Super User

Hey @Fields

I never worked with calculated fields myself but everything that is not standard behavior can be saved with Patch, that is my impression.

And you can put everything in one single Patch function like this:

Patch(<datasource>, Defaults(<datasource>), {<columnInSharePoint>: <calculatedField1>.Text, <columnInSharePoint>: <calculatedField2>.Text,...})

The calculatedfields can be datacards as well so it depends on what you used in your PowerApp. And the columnInSharePoint is just the name of your column in sharepoint so that can be the calculated field. you just to make sure that the values matches.

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

15 REPLIES 15
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Fields,

Please share more detailed information about your app. How did you configure it? What is the formula of your submit button? Also, about the "calculated columns, and data from other list", how did you connected and used it in this app? What is your data

source in the related form?

You can also upload some screenshots for better understanding.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Fields

First, sorry for advance for answering now,

Basically, i had a sharepoint list... and i just created a new on sharepoint...

My formula to submit option is SubmitForm(EditForm1)

And i created a column, that, to anser you need another list... So in this case, citys, you need to have the list "Citys" To answer it... I did a calculated column that said, =[Last Name]&", "&[First Name]... 

I did not connected the data, the app did it by itself, on sharepoint i connected trough the calculated column and in other cases Person or groups/lookup

I am sorry for not giving all the information, but i am very new at this... Ill try to give everything that you want

I can also say, that i have tried without lookups, and person/groups and calculated columns with the same things, and worked perfectly fine... I don't know if it's a bug or...

Also this happened with the description... Where should i report this?

Capture.PNG

Super User
Super User

Hey @Fields

I think those html tags showing in your description is because you chose rich text in your SharePoint list but Im not sure. 
But I had the same issue and changed it to plain text and then it worked.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Fields

Oh, Thanks Tom_Slosse

That actually helped, thank you for the solution about the description!

Super User
Super User

Hey @Fields

Because calculated fields in SharePoint are not standard behavior it cannot be saved by the SubmitForm function

I think you will need the Patch function to save everything back to your SharePoint list.

I dont know the name of your datasource but ill show you an example of how to use the patch function

Patch(<datasource>, Default(<datasource>), {<columnnameInSharePoint>:  <fieldname>.<type>,...})

the defaults is used to create new records in your list otherwise it expects a record to be overwritten

Hope this helps you a bit furter

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Fields

The problem is, i have several calculated columns, and columns like i have said above... Does that mean, i should avoid that? Or do a patch for every single one of those lists?

Super User
Super User

Hey @Fields

I never worked with calculated fields myself but everything that is not standard behavior can be saved with Patch, that is my impression.

And you can put everything in one single Patch function like this:

Patch(<datasource>, Defaults(<datasource>), {<columnInSharePoint>: <calculatedField1>.Text, <columnInSharePoint>: <calculatedField2>.Text,...})

The calculatedfields can be datacards as well so it depends on what you used in your PowerApp. And the columnInSharePoint is just the name of your column in sharepoint so that can be the calculated field. you just to make sure that the values matches.

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Fields

Ok, i will give it a try and then send you an update!

Update: Well, it cleans everything, but doesn't show any errors, or doesn't appear in the BrowseScreen...

The code i used was :

SubmitForm(EditForm1); Patch(<'lista-1'>, Default(<'lista-1'>), {<Name of the leader>:  <fieldname>.<type>})

Patch(<'lista-1'>, Default(<'lista-1'>), {<Name of the leader>:  <fieldname>.<type>})

Did i missed something?

Super User
Super User

Hey @Fields

Sorry I forgot to mention that when you use the Patch, you can delete the SubmitForm function.

Patch is just another way to save data into your datasource.

And the <> is just to indicate the field so you can delete that also.

So it becomes like this:

Patch('lista-1', Default('lista-1'), {Name of the leader:  textboxLeader.Text})

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 462 members 5,945 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: