cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SubmitForm: Data Not reflecting in Excel

Dear All,

I am struggling with this problem. I have two datasources (Excel files) from OneDrive for Business. SubmitForm in one excel file is working smoothly but other one is not working. As in, data entered is not being reflected in the excel sheet. How do I tackle this situation ? Kindly help me

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SubmitForm: Data Not reflecting in Excel

Hi @Anonymous,

One Form could only have one data source binded. That means that if you want to have 2 excel table submit items at the same time, you could have only one button click, but you have to have 2 forms to edit the table separately. Set the onselect property of the submit button to:

SubmitForm( Form1 );SubmitForm( Form2 );

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mona,

Thanks for the support. I think I made a mistake in expressing my concern. Let me put it this way. My app has a proper One Drive connection to Excel Table (Lets say Table A in Sheet1,workbook.xls). I have read and write access for this Table A. I created another table (Let's say Table B in Sheet2,workbook.xls) and connected it with powerapps (Refreshed DataSource). But for this Table B, i have only read access and I'm not able to write it using either SubmitForm or Patch functions. This I did to Solve

1) Cleared all connections and Connected it again,

2) Downloaded excel table provided in "Connect to Excel Tut" and tried writing into it.

Both the solutions are not working and I seem to be lost. It will mean a lot to me if you can help on this.

Thanks and Regards

Sabarish V V

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mona,

Thanks for the support. I think I made a mistake in expressing my concern. Let me put it this way. My app has a proper One Drive connection to Excel Table (Lets say Table A in Sheet1,workbook.xls). I have read and write access for this Table A. I created another table (Let's say Table B in Sheet2,workbook.xls) and connected it with powerapps (Refreshed DataSource). But for this Table B, i have only read access and I'm not able to write it using either SubmitForm or Patch functions. This I did to Solve

1) Cleared all connections and Connected it again,

2) Downloaded excel table provided in "Connect to Excel Tut" and tried writing into it.

Both the solutions are not working and I seem to be lost. It will mean a lot to me if you can help on this.

Thanks and Regards

Sabarish V V

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 181 members 4,248 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: