cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JayFreedman
Level: Powered On

SubmitForm clears all fields, then errors on required field

I'm working on my first PowerApp, so assume I know nothing... I've been following the tutorials on powerapps.microsoft.com.

It's a simple three-screen app (Browse, Details, and Edit/Create) where the DataSource is a table in Dynamics CRM. The Edit/Create screen has one required field (LastName) and a dozen or so other fields including text fields and binary fields.

When the New button in the Browse screen is clicked and NewForm executes, the Edit/Create screen opens in New mode. I enter data in some or all of the fields, including LastName. When I click the Accept button to execute the SubmitForm function, the app first clears all the fields and then throws an error because the required field is empty. Nothing ever gets submitted to the database.

Does anyone have a clue about why the fields are being cleared?

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SubmitForm clears all fields, then errors on required field

Hi @JayFreedman,

That should be caused by the Editform control.

Once there is a record submitted, it will then switch to Newform mode, which would clear all the input boxes.

Check the document below for more information about form controls:

Edit form and Display form controls in PowerApps

Please refer to the Create Record part.

Besides, for the error message you encountered, that should be caused by some required fields have no data when submitting.

Please make sure all the fields which have been marked with " * " is filled with proper data.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JayFreedman

As I described in my original post, the record is not being submitted, because the clearing of the fields and the appearance of the error message occur first. This is not the normal operation of the SubmitForm action. The record never reaches the database, as I can prove by either refreshing the Browse screen or by logging into Dynamics CRM and examining the table.

I need to know what is causing the fields to be blanked out because this is an absolute show-stopper.

JayFreedman

Any additional ideas?

FabianDut

No ideas but got the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Regards,

Fabian

JayFreedman

Hi Fabian,

No, I never solved this problem. Fortunately for me, I've moved on and it's now somebody else's problem.

FabianDut

Hi Jay,

That is also a solution Smiley Wink. I solved it. The problem that I encountered was in the SP list. The Title column is always there for some reason. I tried to hide is but it is required. So i added it to power app. I put unique radom valeus in it and make it the same colour (white) as the background at the buttom of the form. This solved the problem for me.

Regards,

Fabian

sscarcella
Level 8

I have this same problem.  My form is connected to SharePoint list and I have two date fields that are required.  If I fill out the title and all the other fields on the form then hit the Check in upper right corner to submit the form it gives the error that the date field is required but clears out all the other fields in the entire form.

vaishalivyas1

Hi,

Even I am facing this problem . I have searched alot but nothing is working for me. I am using CRM as data source. 

vaishalivyas1

Hi @sscarcella

You got any solution for this? even I am facing this problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 94 members 5,140 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: