cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GK_BPL
Level: Powered On

Re: SubmitForm command changes Gallery.Selected item record

Hi, if i'm not mistaken I think I'm having the same Issue, I tried to do what @JoshHoughton said but the CustomVariable didn't work.

This thing is happening in all of my apps, can anyone please help me find a solution cause I've been trying all week?

Here is a link to my post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/bug-issue-when-saving-form/m-p/142837#M49062

Thank you very much

ck25415
Level 8

Was this issue fixed? I am seeing this on my app.

jvdlinden
Level 8

I am still facing this issue and it is being investigated by an Microsoft Support Engineer.
wedwards

I havent used PowerApps since earlier this year.  I would very much like to come back to it but for now, its a lot of work(arounds) to do things it is supposed to do out of the box.  Some issues sit for months or longer without attention.  My belief is that new features are taking precedence.  If Microsoft were hemoraging money or teetering on solvency, I could understand developing new features as a primary means of product growth but I hardly believe that is the case.

My belief is that in development, you take care features that should work, now.  This is so the people who are utilizing the current feature sets are productive and are not frustrated and go away.  This is also so you as a front-line user and developer go onto to tell others of the wonderful things about this new product you are using.  This is what I would call a win-win situation.  Contrarily, you are dissatisfied because a year or two has gone by and fundamental features still do not work and you've seen others ask about the same features without resolution.

A definite must read is "Raving Fans" by Ken Blanchard.  Its all about customer service.  Development is not only about technology, its about customer service and that is what we are missing when an egregious, confusing, painful, long-standing issue hasnt been addressed that is fundamental to how the program is designed to work.

Highlighted
Kucster
Level: Power Up

Has there been any progress on this? Seeing this in an app I'm developing via the web editor

rjandro

This error is happening for me. I'm using latest version of Powerapps and Windows. Please Help! Making app for large company.

Thakn you,

Ronny

GK_BPL

hello @rjandro

Are you having the same issue as in the gif in the following link ?? :

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/bug-issue-when-saving-form/m-p/142837#M49062

🙂

iamlee
Level 8

I am seeing the same. I have a Sort and a Filter in my Gallery and after removing the Sort function, it works perfectly fine. Is there any news yet from Microsoft? It seems to be a bug. Now I have to choose between user experience and functionality. 

Brian4

I am experiencing this same issue. When a form is submitted, even if there is no action OnSuccess or OnFailue my selected Gallery item will reset to the first in the list. 

Although I could use a workaround to directly reference the gallery item, the default solution would be much less complex. 

iamlee
Level 8

I was able to fix it, someone from thos forum gave me a solution (sorry couldn’t find the post).

Set the selected gallery item as a global variable - e.g Set(ID, gallery.selected.id)

Worked for me without fail.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,826)