cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Submitted Form Doesn't Save to Excel Sheet Data Source

I am currently creating an app that has a form that's attached to an Excel File that is being stored in my OneDrive. I have a Submit Button at the bottom of the form that is supposed to save the data that is inputted and direct the user to a screen that informs them their request has been submitted. My OnSelect function for my Submit button is currently SubmitForm(Form1); Navigate(Screen2). 

When previewing the app I can successfully enter and submit the form and am directed to the second screen but when I check to see if my gallery and data source are updated, there is no new data. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Submitted Form Doesn't Save to Excel Sheet Data Source

HI @Anonymous 

Can you try to update your submit button onSelect property to refresh the data source after the form is been submitted.
Please refer to below expression:
SubmitForm(Form1); Refresh(DataSourceName);Navigate(Screen2)
Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

HI @Anonymous 

Can you try to update your submit button onSelect property to refresh the data source after the form is been submitted.
Please refer to below expression:
SubmitForm(Form1); Refresh(DataSourceName);Navigate(Screen2)
Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @yashag2255 

I have added Refresh to my button and unfortunately it still does not update either the gallery or the data source.

Any other suggestions?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Anonymous 

Since your data source is itself not getting updated, can you please check that the Update property of your datacard has the value of Control that needs to be submitted.

Usually the process for a New/Edit form, is to select the data source, add the required fields and verify if the Update property is set properly that only selected values are saved when the form is submitted. Please share a snippet/Screenshot of your EditForm Update attributes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yashag2255 

A screenshot of my Update function is attached. This is the default it got set to, which I thought was correct.

Also all my forms have been pulled directly from the data source so they're all locked. Should I be unlocking them and changing something manually?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yashag2255 

Actually, I have figured it out.

Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,269)