cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stavrev
Level: Powered On

Submitting a form creates multiple items in sharepoint

Everytime I submit a form on powerapps, it gets recorded multiple times on sharepoint. Meaning one submission creats many new items in a list....not just one as it should. How do I fix this?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stavrev

Re: Submitting a form creates multiple items in sharepoint

@RandyHayes 

not sure what was causing it. i removed the form and created a new one. everything is working at intended now.

thanks! 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Super User
Super User

@stavrev 

Can you describe your situation a little more in depth?  Specifically - you are using an EditForm?  What is your method of submitting?  If there is a button to submit - what is the formula in the OnSelect?  Is this SharePointIntegration and you're using the OnSave action - if so, what is the formula in the OnSave action?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
stavrev

edit form

there's a  button that OnSelect submits the forms and navigates to a "success" screen. 

On Select = SubmitForm(Form1) And Navigate(success)

not using sharepointintegration

Super User
Super User

@stavrev 

Let's first start by changing the formula to:

SubmitForm(Form1); Navigate(success)

The fact that you have an And in between the two will mean that PowerApps will try to evaluate the two functions and And them together, which is no where near what you want.

Also, you might consider putting the Navigate(success) formula in the OnSuccess action of Form1 rather than on the button.  This way, it will only navigate away from the form if the submit is successful, thus giving people that chance to correct any errors that might exist should it fail.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
stavrev

@RandyHayes 

Thank you! This helped but the submission is still creating multiple items in the sharepoint list. Attached is a screenshot.

Super User
Super User

@stavrev 

So, in general, there will only be one record created when a SubmitForm is called on an EditForm.

There has to be something else going on here...do you have any other formulas or customizations going on?  A Patch function or ForAll somewhere??

stavrev

@RandyHayes 

The form is highly customized. I don't have any "Patch"es or "ForAll". Most formulas that I have are for "Visible" and "Required". The form is also pulling information from multiple sharepoint lists but I don't think that's an issue at all. I've been checking the formulas but nothing seems off. I will reconnect the form data source again and re-customize the fields. That should resolve it...I will give an update if I find something odd. 

Thanks!  

Super User
Super User

@stavrev 

Yes, please do.  I am curious to hear what you discover.  It definitely would not be doing that just by itself, so something in your formulas has got to be pulling it the wrong way.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @stavrev 

Do you fix the issue?

If not, could you please share more details of your datasource?

And is it one single line column type?

Are all your apps submit form as this?

Do you logout and log in again or try with other environments and other browsers to test?

Is the issue always exists?

Best Regards.

Yumia

stavrev

@RandyHayes 

not sure what was causing it. i removed the form and created a new one. everything is working at intended now.

thanks! 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 274 members 5,693 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: