cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MQN
Level: Powered On

Submitting multiple records to Sharepoint Person column with a Form

Hello,

I have a Sharepoint list with a Person column. The column is set to allow multiple persons. I've connected a form with a data card to this item, and in there is a ComboBox with its Items set to Choices(ListName.PersonColumn).

The data card's default is ThisItem.PersonColumn, but this results in an "Expected Record Value" error. I don't really need to display the data, just enter data, so using Blank() here is fine. The update is set to ComboBox.Selected (SelectedItems seems more correct, but it also gives me a record error). 

If I submit anything with the combo box filled in, I get this error: "There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid.This was working just a week or two ago, so I'm unsure as to what the cause could be. 

8 REPLIES 8
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Submitting multiple records to Sharepoint Person column with a Form

HI @MQN 

The problem you are seeing might be because of the format default attribute expects.

To resolve this issue, please pass the below expression in DefaultSelectedItems instead of Default:
[ThisItem.PersonColumn]

As a combobox expects a record, we need to pass it as an array of either a single element or mutiple elements.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
MQN

That doesn't seem to have resolved the issue, although having ThisItem.PersonColumn in the combo box's DefaultSelectedItems does seem more correct than having Parent.Default and having the data card's default being ThisItem.PersonColumn.

I'm not much of a stickler over displaying a preexisting item from the sharepoint column in the combo box, I'm trying to get a mutiple selection from the combo box into my sharepoint ist when I submit the form. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MQN 

I am assuming that both your Sharepoint List and Combobox control in the dropdown accept multiple selection:

Please check if you have the following properties set in this way:
1) Default Property of Datacard: ThisItem.PersonColumn
2) Update property of DataCard: ComboBox.SelectedItems
3) DefaultSelectedItems of the Combobox: Parent.Default (No need to set the Default Value)

Please try this out on a new form so that there are no conflicts between the changes.

I have carried out a test on my side and with these properties I am able to get multiple selected result in the a edit form and submit multiple values from a new form.

Hope this Helps!
MQN

Thanks for the suggestions! I've made those changes, but they still seem to be having some kind of type mismatch.

The error is simply "Expected Record Value" for both, and submitting gives me the same message as before, with nothing being submitted to the sharepoint list. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MQN 

As you are getting invalid data source error, I am guessing there might be some issue with the data source connector. Can you please try to remove your Sharepoint connection, then logout of your browser, clear the cahe, relogin and recreate the data source connection. Please try this out and let me know the details.

Thanks, 
MQN

This allowed the form to submit, but the person records aren't going into the list. Still, this is much more usable than yesterday. Thanks!

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@MQN  

Can you confirm that the update property of your DataCard is set to <<ComboBoxName>>.SelectedItems?
MQN

Yes, it's set to combobox.SelectedItems

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,608)