cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JomarGF
Level: Powered On

TV Mirroring

Hi everyone

Have anyone tried mirroring their phone on a TV and launch your Powerapps app? I have tried casting my phone and I get a blank screen whenever I launch my app.

Any comments?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: TV Mirroring

Hi @JomarGF ,

It seems I can play PowerApps on my TV. I suspect your issue could be related to the devices you use. Try to test with different ones if possible.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi @JomarGF ,

I haven't tried, but if you're using Intune it's possible that AIP is preventing screenshare for PowerApps or other protected apps by policy.  You get this effect when trying to remote-share things like protected documents, it's possible the PA client is doing the same thing?

if not, what happens if you browse to the app on your phone browser while casting to the TV? (and not using the client)

Kind regards,

RT

Highlighted
SaWu
Level 8

Hi,

I you are talking about a recent attempt to cast PowerApps from your Android phone, then this might be a recent issue that has already been reported here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/unable-to-capture-screenshot-prevent...
If this is the case, the problem seems to be a new PowerApps "feature" introduced with 3.19093.17 around Monday.

Best of luck,
    Sa Wu.

JomarGF

Thank you for the replies.

It would be great if there is an on/off switch to this as it is very annoying when you only have your phone to show people (in the presence of a tv) how great your app is. 🙂

Hope to hear something positive soon.

Cheers!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JomarGF ,

It seems I can play PowerApps on my TV. I suspect your issue could be related to the devices you use. Try to test with different ones if possible.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

JomarGF

Hi Mona, tried TV mirroring again today and it worked. An update must have been done on Powerapps side.

Cheers!
SaWu
Level 8

Hi @JomarGF

Exactly, there has been a change with version 3.19094.20 from around October 4.

See also this post of @chcop:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/unable-to-capture-screenshot-prevent...

Cheers,
    Sa.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,386)