cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyHart
Level 8

Tab Order on Text Input

Hello,

I'm currently having issues with my tab order on my pages. It used to auto-tab from left to right between all of my inputs, but currently the auto-tab is seemingly jumping around the page on random. Is this a problem, or is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff miglisic
PowerApps Staff

Re: Tab Order on Text Input

Tony, you should be able to control exactly how you want to tab order to work by explicitly setting the TabIndex property on controls. By default (with the setting of 0), the app will try to follow a left-to-right top-to-bottom flow, but you can set >0 positive values on controls (eg. 1, 2, 3, 4...) to override that logic and specify the order you want. 

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TonyHart,

Did you mean the PowerApps' tab? 

Capture.PNG

This order cannot be changed in my PowerApps studio. Or did you mean the tab inside your app? Please post some screenshots for better understanding.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TonyHart
Level 8

@v-monli-msft

I am talking about tabbing between inputs. See picture below:Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 4.53.28 PM.png

I want to be able to type in a value for any of these inputs, and then press "tab" on my keyboard so that it navigates to the next item (the item on the right, or the first item on the next line if the chosen item has no inputs to the right of it).

My applications used to do this with no issue, and now when "tab" is selected, there is rhythm or reason (seemingly) as to where it will go.

Thoughts?

PowerApps Staff miglisic
PowerApps Staff

Tony, you should be able to control exactly how you want to tab order to work by explicitly setting the TabIndex property on controls. By default (with the setting of 0), the app will try to follow a left-to-right top-to-bottom flow, but you can set >0 positive values on controls (eg. 1, 2, 3, 4...) to override that logic and specify the order you want. 

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
globUSA
Level: Powered On

I am afraid it does not work even if for simple text input control:  I inserted 4 text input controls... changed their positions, assigned tabindex from 1 to 4 in order I needed... unpredictable navigation route when pressing Tab (or Shift+Tab).

It gets more complicated in Edit Form, where we have data cards (without tabindex property)... 

This is a very basic function (existing in Access 20 years ago), and very important for streamlining data entry, at least for the generation that prefers keyboard shortcuts to touching a screen... Smiley Indifferent

I hope I missed something, so this essential functionality is there but I could not benefit from it...

jemsjose

I had the similar erratic tabbing order even after providing the TabIndex.

What worked for me is:

1. Ensuring the TabIndex started from 1 and not 0.
  2. Data source refresh after it.

Hope this helps if your TabIndex doesn't to work.

Francis_Ayson

Thanks, this works for me. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,836)