cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dyaw-Drexel
Level: Powered On

Task Table Does Not Update

Usueally I have a sort and filter code for the items in a table control. There is a form alongside the table control. When a record from the table is selected it populates the form, and when the form is submitted, the table is updated. 

I wanted to use a button to filter this table, so I changed the table items property to a variable. This variable is set automaticly when the screen loads, and also changes when the button is clicked. Now when a change is made in the table, it no longer updates. The only way to see the change reflected is to exit and reenter the screen. Refreshing the data source does not help this either. 

What could I be doing wrong?

Screen OnVisable Code

UpdateContext({TaskTableFilter:SortByColumns(Filter('[dbo].[Tasks]',ID_Process='Processes Gallery'.Selected.ID_Process),"Order")})
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dyaw-Drexel

Re: Task Table Does Not Update

I found a workaround. I can assign a variable the filtering value, and tack it on to the filter statement using an !IsBlank() if statement

SortByColumns(Filter('[dbo].[Tasks]',ID_Process='Processes Gallery'.Selected.ID_Process && If(!IsBlank(TaskStatus), Status=TaskStatus)),"Order")

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @dyaw-Drexel 

One the form control,

On OnSuccess Property do the same -

UpdateContext({TaskTableFilterSmiley FrustratedortByColumns(Filter('[dbo].[Tasks]',ID_Process='Processes Gallery'.Selected.ID_Process),"Order")})

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

dyaw-Drexel

Hi @RezaDorrani,

I'm not sure that would work. The problem is there will be multipule filter buttons, and only one form. I need the associated table to update no matter which filter is applied.

Thanks,

Dan Yaw

dyaw-Drexel

I found a workaround. I can assign a variable the filtering value, and tack it on to the filter statement using an !IsBlank() if statement

SortByColumns(Filter('[dbo].[Tasks]',ID_Process='Processes Gallery'.Selected.ID_Process && If(!IsBlank(TaskStatus), Status=TaskStatus)),"Order")

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 468 members 5,635 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: