cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wackmack88
Level 8

Text - People Picker

Hi all,

I use a people picker for some apps. Can i change the default text "Find items"? I can't find the solution here or on Google. I would like the change the text from Find items to Fill in your Last name.People picker icon.png

Second question, the arrow/icon is the same as a dropdown field, can you change the icon?
Strange the Microsoft develop it like this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shandy1996
Level: Power Up

Re: Text - People Picker

Hey Wackmack88,

Is this people picker just a combobox control that you've linked to a data source? Or is it something different?

If it's just a combobox, you can change the property "InputTextPlaceholder" to your desired text, like so:

image.png

Once you change the bottom line there, it will update the display text when no item is selected.

Also in regards to the arrow, you can change the colour and look of it by using the Chevron options in the Design area, but I don't think you're able to change the actual style.

If you wanted a different style, you can build your own dropdown as a component, although this may be more effort than it's worth.

Hope this helps!

----------------------------------------

For all your PowerApps development, tutorials, or questions, contact NextStep Creations
Jacob: @shandy1996
Ben: @srbushwookie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
shandy1996

Hey Wackmack88,

Is this people picker just a combobox control that you've linked to a data source? Or is it something different?

If it's just a combobox, you can change the property "InputTextPlaceholder" to your desired text, like so:

image.png

Once you change the bottom line there, it will update the display text when no item is selected.

Also in regards to the arrow, you can change the colour and look of it by using the Chevron options in the Design area, but I don't think you're able to change the actual style.

If you wanted a different style, you can build your own dropdown as a component, although this may be more effort than it's worth.

Hope this helps!

----------------------------------------

For all your PowerApps development, tutorials, or questions, contact NextStep Creations

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Wackmack88
Level 8

Thanks you! It's just a combobox control linked to SharePoint.

shandy1996

Good to hear you got it solved, feel free to PM me directly if you need more help 🙂

-------------------------------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,940)