cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjoelson
Level: Powered On

The Leave Request sample PowerApp

Hi All,

Somethings are just not staright forward....

I found the "Leave Request" PowerApp sample template and wanted use it , I installed it but wasnt able to work it out...where do I find documentation on this, it appears the datasource is an excel document but I dont know where to get started with this app.

I'd be grateful for any help. 

thank you.

Greg

20 REPLIES 20
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: The Leave Request sample PowerApp

Hi Greg,

Notice that after you created the app, it will ask to connect to your Office 365 Users and Office 365 Outlook connector. Those two are the data sources needed in this app.

Capture.PNG

And the leave requests you submitted in the app is actually stored in collections:

Capture.PNG

About collections:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/create-update-collection

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gjoelson

Hi Mona,

Thaks that did help, I didnt know about the Collections, and was looking for a spreadsheet.

So to take it a step futher...

I authenticated to the connectors and shared the app with some test users and submitted a few requests not of which seem to be flowing through to the approver (manager) , Is there a plcase to view the submissions other than in the App (i also checked collections) Not sure what Im missing ?

Is there any dsetup documnetation ?

thanks

Greg

Super User
Super User

Hey @gjoelson

If you create a template app and open it in PowerApps Studio, you get prompted to make your own app of it.

I suggest you do that so you can choose where you save your data (e.g. SharePoint, Onedrive)

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Madi

Can anyone share with me leave request template please

Microsoft Employee

Hi Madi,

When you go to "New" to create an app, the templates can be found under "App templates". Choose either "Phone layout" or "Tablet layout" and you can find the "Leave Request" template there.

LeaveRequestTemplate.png

- Paul C.
Software Engineer on PowerApps
BridgetZ

I do not see SharePoint as an option when I go to Change on where it says save data on the bottom. I would also be intrested in intrustions on how to customize this.

screenshot.JPG

SeanTambling

I like this app, but i don't like that the only place you can save the data is to your personal onedrive. The whole idea of using apps in powerapps with Office365 for business is to give greater collaboration ability with documents. This app should allow  you to save your data to an excel file in sharepoint for the business. This seems like a huge limitation of this app.

I will keep looking to see if i can figure out where the list location is configured in the app, but so far it have not found it. If this is possible, MS should give some notes on how to modify the app to better suite 95% of those who would want to use it.

joakim_roos

Hi !
I wil not get it to work . 

when logged on as an employee I get error no boss found for the employee error 404?

Office 365 users failed. 

I must be doing something wrong? 

PowerApps Staff caburk
PowerApps Staff

Connecting to an Excel file in SharePoint in not yet supported, but have you considered using a SharePoint list instead? Or you could use  Azure blob storage. Here's an example of taking a sample app and connecting it to a SharePoint list. Note it's a different app, but the steps would be very similar to convert the data source. 

We currently have some technical limitations around automatically creating SharePoint lists for you and connecting the sample app, so we ship them in a working state using Excel and OneDrive/Dropox/Google Drive/etc. However, that's often a great route for converting sample apps to a shared data source. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,547)