cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff caburk
PowerApps Staff

Re: The Leave Request sample PowerApp

The connector will return that error if you don't have a manager specified in your directory. You could add a manager in your company directory or remove the logic in the app that checks for your manager. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Am trying to modify the type of leave , Default value and icons . As per the guide changed in On start screen but not making any difference. Could you please help

Madi
Level: Powered On

can u send me screenshot wht u r trying to do . whts ur email or skype ?? can better help if u r on skype 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be really helpful.

Email :Rahul.lal1@outlook.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leave Type collection.JPGLeave Type collectionAm trying to modify the Leave Type collection . As per guideline modified Leave Type , Default value and description in Login Screen  on start Fucntion. But changes are not reflecting . Am very beginer on this app , Appreciate if someonce could help on this.

Login Screen – On Start

ClearCollect(

LeaveTypeCollection,

Table(

{

type:"Annual",

icon:vacation,

iconselected:'vacation-selected',

description:

"Test."

}

{

type:"Sick Leave",

icon:'sick-leave',

iconselected:'sick-leave-selected',

description:"Sick."

}

{

type:"Compassionate",

icon: 'floating-holiday',

iconselected:'floating-holiday-selected',

Madi

well actually i have not used this app instead i created my own apps . soo i have to see but i have only time in weekend to do .

Madi

i wud recommend u to listen Laura roger lectures first if u r new to Power apps . u will learn a lot . here is one of her on collections

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS6mTRlmuls

markanthony868
Level: Power Up

Hello,

I have downloaded the app and have got it 90% functional. I would liketo add study leave and Maternity leave to the interface how do i do that ?

@gjoelson wrote:

Hi All,

Somethings are just not staright forward....

I found the "Leave Request" PowerApp sample template and wanted use it , I installed it but wasnt able to work it out...where do I find documentation on this, it appears the datasource is an excel document but I dont know where to get started with this app.

I'd be grateful for any help. 

thank you.

Greg

Ammy07

I recently tried to use the Leave Request PowerApp template but unfortunately the data never gets written to excel file. I compared code of my PowerApp with some video tutorials on YouTube and found that the patch function code on Submit Request itself is missing from my template. I tried to create multiple PowerApps using template without luck. Can someone please point me to the correct code or solution so that the excel and the application gets connected.

Highlighted
FJ1200

Re: The Leave Request sample PowerApp - SPO conversion

I could do with some assistance here ... I'm trying to convert this app to SPO.  After it created the data.xlsx file I exported it to SP and have 3 lists - one for each tab.  However I would really like to get the leave types into a drop-down list - I don't like the column for each type of leave approach - seems an uneccesary overhead to me when a drop-down is so much simpler and there are a lot of reasons for leave.  I also need to cater for temps, part-timers, and so on.  Anyway - I can't get it to write the submitted data to the SP lists.  I assume I have to change the submit function to Patch but although the lists have the same names as the spreadsheet tabs, do I need to change anything with them?  I used to do a lot of this type of thing in Visial Studio and with PHP/MySQL back in the day, and PowerApps is a bit of a departure and taking some time to get my head roud it but I'm getting there and getting to like it.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,459)