cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

Re: The PowerApps app works in edit mode, but not in "Play" mode, I can't share the app

CC: @AllenKim who was investigating the issue.

PowerApps Staff AllenKim
PowerApps Staff

Re: The PowerApps app works in edit mode, but not in "Play" mode, I can't share the app

Hi @kyle705,

Looking at your session, it looks like we do make a blocking OnStart call. I see an error returned by the call to your SQL connection. The SQL service is returning an error status 400 and returns an error message "The column 'Col...tus' of the table wasn't found." Please note that I removed the middle part of your column name.

Can you try refreshing your data source in the authoring experience (View tab in the ribbon -> Data sources button -> '...' next to your SQL data source -> Refresh). This will grab the latest schema of your SQL table, as it seems that the schema your app has may be out of sync.

Thanks,

Allen

PowerApps Staff AllenKim
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Jswanson

Thank you for providing the session IDs. I looked at both of the sessions and based on the telemetry, it looks like we are still not blocking on the OnStart rule finishing even though you added a 'Navigate()' function call to the end of the OnStart rule. Rather than going back and forth, it would be great if we can just work directly to investigate the issue. Would you be willing to create a support ticket to make this possible? If so, please go to https://powerapps.microsoft.com/support/ and click on the "Create support ticket" at the bottom of the page to get started. I'll contact the folks that look at the incoming tickets to be sure to route the ticket to me when they see it.

Thanks,

Allen

Jswanson
Level: Powered On

I opened a ticket #118050118099541

kyle705

Hi

I did what was suggested in term of updating SQL schema.

Still not working unfortuntely.

Kind regards,

Kyle

PowerApps Staff AllenKim
PowerApps Staff

Hi @kyle705,

I am investigating why the call to get your items from certain SQL tables is returning errors about columns not being found. Just looking through some past calls to your SQL tables, I can see that there are failed calls as well as successful calls (but the failed calls outweigh the successful ones). If you refresh your SQL tables after the app is loaded, does the data load without errors?

Thanks,

Allen

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff AllenKim
PowerApps Staff

Hi @kyle705, I believe you have a ticket open for the failing SQL calls. I chatted with my colleague who is looking at your ticket and it seems like that is the issue that is blocking your app right now. Can you see if the Explicit Column Selection app setting is enabled for your app? You can find this app setting by opening your app for edit then going to File -> App settings -> Experimental features -> Explicit Column Selection. If it is enabled, can you try disabling this setting, saving, publishing, and opening the app again?

kyle705

Hi

That seems to have done the trick! No errors when starting app & I am seeing what I expect to see Smiley Happy

Thanks very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Kyle

Jswanson

App is working now!

Thank to the Team @Microsoft for working with me to take care of the issue.

amcgarity
Level: Power Up

@Jswanson

I am having a similar problem to yours.

In play mode my dropdowns populate fine. In the published mode the dropdowns are empty.

What did you do to correct the problem?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 126 members 5,191 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: