cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skylitedave
Level 10

Re: The PowerApps app works in edit mode, but not in "Play" mode, I can't share the app

Can you tell people on this thread how to use the version you are referencing... 

What steps do you take to run that stable version instead of the current one?

Thx!

mzhang
Level: Powered On

Re: The PowerApps app works in edit mode, but not in "Play" mode, I can't share the app

I told them the version release # (2.0.783) that has been working in my apps, they gave me an URL (https://us.create.powerapps.com/v2.0.783.67785019/studio/#) for that release only. Every time I need to make changes in my app, I only use that URL.  Once I save and publish my app, it is saved in that version only (instead of current PowerApps version). The current version of PowerApps is only used in “Play” mode in running my app.

Everyone’s working version may be different and knowing your working version from the information provided by the PowerApp’s website is not enough. The one I have probably only works for me. In my case, I only knew the version # as 2.0.783, but you can see there are more digits after that needed to run the software with that version.

The biggest challenge is to have someone in PowerApps team to give you the full version # you want. I am not sure if they routinely do this. But it is worth asking. You can go to this post “PowerApps software platform changes recently makes editing of my app impossible” to see the circumstances that I got mine.

kyle705

2 apps now haing issues...

Similar but different issue.

Both issues are only present when in "play" mode (i.e. fine when in edit/design mode).

1st issue related to editing & creating new records.

This new issue relates to on start. Collections are failing now it seems:Capture.PNG

PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

Hi Mzhang - Sorry for the inconvenience. We're investigating the issue, and will get back to you soon with the latest status.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shekz

Please get back to me as well as I am also running into this issue when trying to submit a form:

PowerApps Version 3.18042:An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again

If I restore back to 3.18041.20 everything works perfectly.

JakeG

Ditto

PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

Will do.

PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

@kyle705 Could you please share the session Id, and the repro steps for "new issue relates to on start. Collections are failing now it seems:" ?

PowerApps Staff shekz
PowerApps Staff

Update: Thanks everyone for submitting the issues ya'll are facing. Overall, we found three issues here, and are actively working on resolving them.

1. Issue with null values getting converted to zeroes

2. While trying to submit a form, the user gets this error “An entry is required or has an invalid value. Please correct and try again”

3. Collections and onStart not behaving well and failing with error Invalid Mashup Expression (for this one, I've requested @kyle705 on this thread to kindly provide more details)

kyle705

Hi

I have logged a ticket for the collection issue. I had a skype call with one of your guys yesterday. Ticket REG:118041818025050.

Basically, I have a SQL Azure backend. In "Design" mode, everything works as expected. In "Play" mode, I get multiple error messages relating to "Invalid Mashup - column not found". However the referenced column not found is actually the collection name, not a column name.

It seems that the ClearCollect function simply does not work in my app.

I have tried multiple google suggestions such as removing sorts etc. but to no avail.

Hopefully the ticket I have logged provides more information.

Kind regards

Kyle

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 315 members 5,699 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: