cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AEwar
Level: Powered On

The data source supplied to the function is invalid - nothing has changed on my SPO data source

I created a PowerApp by customizing a SharePoint form. Nothing has changed on the SharePoint list recently. When I open the PowerApp now all of my choice fields show a red X error of "The data source supplied to the function is invalid."

If I refresh the SharePoint data source, then the error goes away but all of my choice fields break. They essentially stop being choice fileds and don't work at all.

I am not using any other data sources. 

There is a lot of logic built into the form, so removing and re-adding the fields is not a good solution. 

1 REPLY 1
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: The data source supplied to the function is invalid - nothing has changed on my SPO data source

This is an ongoing issue with PowerApps. Which Microsoft is working to fix. See this recent forum post.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Sudden-appearance-of-red-x-s/td-p/24...

Here’s what Microsoft suggested to do until the problem is fixed.

“””
We have identified what we believe to be the root cause of the issue and are currently validating a few. It should be available shortly for release to production. As we understand it, the issue may occur sometimes when the data source that a ComboBox control is bound to is either (a) refreshed, or (b) removed and then added again. The current advised mitigation that has seen success with customers is to perform the following actions after refreshing or removing/adding a data source:

1. Save the app immediately and close it
2. Re-open the app and continue making any non-data source refresh/remove/add changes (note: you will have to make at least one trivial change to mark the app as dirty so that it can be saved again in step #3)
3. Save the app and re-publish

This should allow the ComboBox controls to be correctly reconfigured to the correct values.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question to help others find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 291 members 6,678 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: