cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
yit
Level: Powered On

The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: An identifier was expected at position 0.

My app was working last night, but today there are over 50 runtime errors with the same error:  "The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: An identifier was expected at position 0. inner exception: An identifier was expected at position 0....."

I have an Azure SQL Server backend and the problem seems to be primarily showing up in combo boxes and galleries dependent on SQL views, but I haven't checked every error yet. 

The published app is still functional, but the editor isn't happy.

I turned off the preview feature "Explicit column selection" and the errors went away.  Then I turned it back on and the errors returned. 

2 REPLIES 2
samdolphin
Level: Powered On

Re: The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: An identifier was expected at position 0.

Same issue here, opened my app to countless run time errors this morning.  Disabling explicit column selection did the trick, but I would like to leave this feature enabled for performance reasons.  Hopefully this is fixed soon!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: An identifier was expected at position 0.

Hi @yit ,

The user @Brian4 and @MisterMagoo has faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Problems-with-data-source-after-usi...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/App-reading-from-an-Azure-SQL-DB-We...

When you turned on the "Explicit column selection" preview option, it would only fetch columns used in your published app from your data source, but when you edit your app, and try to reference other column values (not be referenced before) from your data source (e.g. SQL Table), this error would show up.

As an fixed solution, please consider turn off the "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 209 members 6,422 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: