My app was working last night, but today there are over 50 runtime errors with the same error: "The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: An identifier was expected at position 0. inner exception: An identifier was expected at position 0....."
I have an Azure SQL Server backend and the problem seems to be primarily showing up in combo boxes and galleries dependent on SQL views, but I haven't checked every error yet.
The published app is still functional, but the editor isn't happy.
I turned off the preview feature "Explicit column selection" and the errors went away. Then I turned it back on and the errors returned.
Same issue here, opened my app to countless run time errors this morning. Disabling explicit column selection did the trick, but I would like to leave this feature enabled for performance reasons. Hopefully this is fixed soon!
When you turned on the "Explicit column selection" preview option, it would only fetch columns used in your published app from your data source, but when you edit your app, and try to reference other column values (not be referenced before) from your data source (e.g. SQL Table), this error would show up.
As an fixed solution, please consider turn off the "Explicit column selection" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app.
Community Support Team _ Kris Dai If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.